Notices

Gag reflex kicking in when reading SR posts

Old 07-31-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gag reflex kicking in when reading SR posts

Something strange is happening to me, and it started recently. I've been sober for 86 days now, after years of daily drinking. 10-20 shots of vodka a day. I've never felt more happy, more productive, more healthy than I do right now.

With that being said, I've recently started to get my gag reflex kickin' in when I read posts on here about how much people drank. I haven't puked for 86 days. I used to puke almost daily from withdrawals/hangovers. It feels just like that familiar feeling when I stood above the toilet, ready to hurl the contents of my stomach (then gargle with, and swallow some vodka shot after puking).

I didn't think that words could make me feel physically ill! That's it. Have a fantastic sober week everyone.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Some people have that reaction to hearing drinking stories, I know I do. I know that some even find them to be triggering for them, stirring up the old cravings. On SR, I am able to tune them out to a large extent, but I avoid groups of people telling their drinking stories like the plague.