Notices

Please, please help.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...

Is your husband also a drinker? Wondering why he would
not want you to get help for your quitting?
Old 07-29-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Do you want to be sober or continue to hide your drinking from your family? I thought I was hiding my drinking too, but it was a lie I told myself so I didn't have to deal with the pain I was causing those around me. Your family probably already knows you drink too much and that you try to hide it from them. I used AA to get sober; however, there are lots of recovery options to chose from. Find a program of recovery that works for you, commit to it, and follow through. Nothing changes if nothing changes. Good luck.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I can understand why you don't want to tell anyone yet Kitkat. I didn't either. For that reason I started of with recovery methods that don't involve meetings, like AVRT (Rational Recovery). I'm a big fan of Allen Carr's Easyway to stop drinking too.

I'd recommend reading the AA Big book online too though, even if you can't make it to meetings. Especially the personal stories: Big Book On Line

Glad you're here x
Old 07-29-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I feel your pain. I tried to get sober a few months ago and fell on my face. I opened up to my wife and she was 100 percent supportive. It has been much better since then. I dont know your family situation but why not tell your husband? I was so paranoid in the beginning and the first step is the hardest but it's gets easier. I am now almost 30 days. Lots of love and support to you. You can do it!!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You're not alone. We are here. I wish you Peace, Light and the most beautiful of dreams tonight
Old 07-31-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Any Progress
Old 08-11-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing your post, and for each of you who has responded - I am learning a lot (today is my first day) and I feel hopeful. I can understand just by being here for a very short time how important not being alone in this is and that it probably is the right idea for me to get group support - whether online or at meetings of some kind.
Thanks again.