Notices

In need of Renewed inspiration

Old 07-28-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In need of Renewed inspiration

It's nearly 3 weeks since I last had a drink and for the most part it has gone Ok and i've seen significant improvements and generally felt much better.

The last few days however, and in particular today, have not gone so well and I'm feeling a 'little down' and unmotivated. I feel like I am at that 'in between stage' where I do feel better but not energetic enough to get out there and do something physical and the initial euphoria of sobriety has worn off a bit.

I know I'm just having another bad day and it will pass if i stay off the booze. Feel really crap because i just shouted at my boy for something really trivial and went over the top. Could really do with some constructive helpful comments. Seems like the 2-3 week stage is difficult for a lot of us.

Cheers

Julynine
Old 07-28-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

There's no tough day that drinking can't make worse, my Friend.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

ahhh, time to forget how bad it cann get, stuck in a stupor of drunkenness!

Stay strong & stopped! You are worth it!!!

drinking sucks. hangover city with feeling ill, remoresful, full of negativity (that was a reminder)...i'm thumb typing on a phone, bear with me...

sobriety is tottally awesome! take a listen to xa-speakers.org kerry was young qhen she got sober, bea m. is a nun, there are priests on there, too! (go to the F's for father), sandy b. has a 12 step study, even if you aren't AA, the stories give you hope.

Stay stopped! It keeps getting better!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have a daily renewal when I get on my knees and ask my H.P. for another day of "HIS will, not mine" to the best of my ability.
I can start my day over anytime I want/need to.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 07-28-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's part of the journey to have some ups and downs. The main thing is to know that it won't last and you can get through it. It's difficult to feel motivated every day, but try to do something enjoyable for yourself and your son. How about some ice cream?
Old 07-28-2012, 09:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Anna. It's a little late in the day now (bedtime for the young ones in Europe) but I just went up to his room, apologised sincerely, told him I loved him and now I feel a lot better! Ice cream tomorrow sounds good though!

Old 07-28-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I looked like that holdin beer

I shouted at my BF(no kids) the other day for something really lame, and felt bad, but it was immeasurably better then the times I slapped him or yelled at him while drunk and felt horrified and full of self hatred in the morning. I want to be there for myself, my BF, and my little bud bud (my dogie). We can beat this
Old 07-28-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was going to suggest an apology July9 ... Makes everyone feel a bit better, especially that your little guy is off to bed...you'll both feel better to take on the day tomorrow morning.

I think Sugarbear's suggestion is a great one too...might have a peek at those myself later.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

All of these are great suggestions. I can relate to not always keeping my emotions in check, but I know my fiance prefers those moments over the ones when I'm drunk and completely out of MIND. Your kiddo will understand Stuff that always makes me feels better on a "down" day ... a work out, snuggles with my pet, a good book or movie (getting out of your head) "this too shall pass"
Old 07-28-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Re-Member

When life sucks, it sucks less sober. It doesn't get better, you do.

Ever notice how we never "look forward" to something bad? Look forward not back, then you can live today. Give yourself a year or three sober to really try it out. In the meantime keep posting here for others and hold your light high. Know that light at the end of the tunnel you see? You are that light for someone elses tunnel. Especially your child's.

Congratulations on doing something other than drinking alcohol.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Many thanks to you all. If you read one of my previous posts you'll see that one of my lessons learnt from previous failed sobriety attempts was that I didn't post here enough. I tended to only post when I was feeling good and had something positive to say. I still try and make most of my posts positive and helpful for other SR members but this time I will also not be afraid to ask for help when I need it, and today I do.

So thanks. I'll be there for some of you when you need a little help.

Julynine
Old 07-28-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Julynine View Post
Many thanks to you all. If you read one of my previous posts you'll see that one of my lessons learnt from previous failed sobriety attempts was that I didn't post here enough. I tended to only post when I was feeling good and had something positive to say. I still try and make most of my posts positive and helpful for other SR members but this time I will also not be afraid to ask for help when I need it, and today I do.

So thanks. I'll be there for some of you when you need a little help.

Julynine
Perfect!

We're here to help you through the highs and the lows
Old 07-28-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I did and do many things still when craving come about..

Walks(long or short)
Gym
Pool
Library
Hot Shower
Serenity Prayer
Play with my dogs
and the two most popular
Come here to SR and read or go to the chat room
And for me Meetings they always make me feel better. I still go almost everyday to a meeting.

You can live free, Keep going strong.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
~sb

Julynine, we all want to be a bit more positive, I believe, but more often than not, it's the I Feel Crappy Today Posts that may help another person more than Everything Is Beautiful And Wonderful (And I'm Full Of Crap) Posts....

We have been where you are and we know, we really do know how it is! It's difficult. Each day I got through crappy stuff, I felt a little better about being sober and continuing on in living a real life without hiding from my emotions.

I didn't stop smoking cigs just yet. I had a crappy Friday after I had attempting quitting for 1.5 days (that in itself was a miracle). I don't recall posting about it too much as I do have people I talk to in real life who are in recovery and who know what it's like to quit the cigs, too. Some of my madness is not posted on here. Maybe I need to let you all know when I'm in a crappy mood, too.

I know I can stop the cigs. I've stopped everything else (except sugar)... I will try again. This time, I will hope to stay stopped.

Post whenever you can!! We need to hear from you!

Hugs & love,
Old 07-28-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

The best thing about recovery for me is that a bad day rarely carries on into the next one

I'm really glad you posted Julynine...I'm a firm believer in helping others helps us too

D
Old 07-28-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

3 weeks is a good start ...but you are still de toxing
I imagine so please give yourself time to discover the
new healthier sober woman..

Be sober and gentle with yourself....all my best to you and your son .
Old 07-28-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks Carol. Just for the record, the last time I looked I was a man. :rotfxko

Here's to a better day tomorrow! Swimming and Sunday lunch with the family.

Julynine
Old 07-28-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

It's usually Dee that gets mistaken for a woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xx

Last edited by Sasha4; 07-28-2012 at 03:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-28-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Julynine View Post
Thanks Carol. Just for the record, the last time I looked I was a man. :rotfxko

Here's to a better day tomorrow! Swimming and Sunday lunch with the family.

Julynine
^^^^ great comic relief