Notices

Who needs enemy's !!!

Old 07-28-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had a friend like that, Count. To this day I doubt he feel he did anything wrong.

I think he genuinely believed I was wrong about my relationship to alcohol and he was trying to help me. Of course he didn't want to lose his drinking buddy either...

In the end, no matter what his motivations, we drifted apart - and I think it was the best thing for both of us.

In recovery, I just grew beyond the confines of my old life, y'know?

keep on keeping on
D
Old 07-28-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thats mean. if you were allergic to dry roasted nuts they would not get you a bag as it might kill you.......but they don't seem to see booze the same way.

It makes me laugh now how people respond to me not drinking now.

At my daughters nursery they have a bottle tombola every year and you donate bottles. I donated a bottle of baby bath, a bottle of baby oil and a bottle of baby shampoo and some baby lotion..in a bottle. It all had to be in a bottle.

The nursery ladies all looked at me really strangely when I did not hand over bottles of alcohol.
I said 'I don't drink'

They all reacted in horror, shrieking 'you don't drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
As if I have four eyes and two extra arms.
Like they all needed to sit down in to get over the horrendous shock that I did not drink. One looked close to fainting. One looked like she was going to be sick. One eyed me with suspicion.
Then they all looked a bit ashamed that they had reacted in such a way.

Someone else must have had the same idea though - they donated a bottle of ketchup and a bottle of HP sauce!!!
How funny

I think Bobs right!

xxxx