Notices

Winding down Day 2 with back pain

Old 07-27-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Winding down Day 2 with back pain

I guess this is the end of day 2...I'm feeling a little confused like I feel it's been 3 days or a week since my last drink, but I'm pretty sure it's just the end of day 2 sober. Brain's in a fog and my back is killing me (kidney pain?) but I haven't had a drink and that feels good. No agitation today and no anxiety except for concern about the back pain.

Has anyone else had back pain during detox? I kinda would have expected it immediately after a binge, or maybe even yesterday, but it's pretty significant and started this afternoon.

Any ideas? I guess I'll just try to go sleep it off.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have no idea about the back pain, but maybe see a dr if you're concerned or if it doesn't ease up soon. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water, hopefully that will help some. Good luck.

Congrats on 2 sober days!!! That's awesome!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Yes many of times. Mine varied from pain from the violent vomiting during the first 36 hours, to kidney and liver pains. Mine always pass in about 5 days. But if your really worried why not put your mind at ease and go to the doctor.

congrats on your decision.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I also vote for the Dr - if you're feeling a little confused as well, why not get checked out...at least make sure nothings wrong and set your mind at ease

D
Old 07-28-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I am feeling much better this morning. The back pain is completely gone and so is the confusion. I am not sure if I was just tired or what. I slept quite peacefully and I feel so alert and so CLEAR today--it's kind of weird. My senses are heightened and I just feel.....well, darn GOOD! It's been a very, very long time since I could say that in the morning.

Thanks again for all your support. I wish everyone a wonderful day!