Notices

Today I start the journey...

Old 07-27-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to the family blueshades. You're never alone - you have us. We all understand how you feel. Glad you've made this life changing decision. You'll never regret it.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome! SR's a great place to be. I'm back after relapsing several times. I'm ready to stay sober this time, and looking forward to improving my health and my life. I agree with you, it feels so freeing to just commit to sobriety. For me it's like a huge weight off my shoulders. I'm glad you're joining us in this journey, wishing you the best. Stay strong.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wow, thanks to all of you for your wisdom, kind words, and support. Parts of my second day weren't easy, but it ended on a wonderful note. An enjoyable and alcohol-free evening with my wife and our friends. I am so fortunate to have friends, to have a support network here on SR, and to have the ability to look within and change the self-destructive behavior that has been holding me back.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Bumping this thread to say congratulations to an SR member who just decided to STOP IT. And did it too.

Congratulations to you, BlueShades, on your decision, your choice to reclaim that life that you had been giving up to booze. You have included SR in your journey from the start of your sobriety, and are showing a model for newly sober folks and for those about to make that best of all decisions - I will never drink again, and I won't change my mind.

Well done.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you Freshstart for the bump! What a great thread - from the beginning note and through the great examples of support and gratitude.

To life and sobriety!