Notices

Resentments

Old 07-30-2012, 12:10 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
Did you get through the 5th step yet?

Without a discussion with my sponsor, I couldn't see my part in anything, but that is me.

Keep moving forward, Lost!!
Nope! Still trudging thru the 4th. We don't meet until Wed. And yeah, I'm really hoping she can help me with the column involving my part. I can see my part in some things, but other things I'm really stuck on.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Originally Posted by FlyerFan View Post
Yeah I understand. I used to scream at mine for the stupidest things. dirty dishes, or something else. lol. and now when i see them I just automatically pick them up and wash them myself because i have to remind myself that he's just a typical man and of course hes gonna be a little lazy and messy, what man isnt? lmao
Yeah, I see stuff like that and think 1 of 2 things: 1) If it's his crap everywhere I ask him to clean the one target area up or 2) if I want it clean, then do something!
Old 07-31-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

If you are not part of the problem...then there is not a solution. In this instance, his words, deeds, and lack of attention/communication is causing you to lose control. You have to accept him as he is---as he accepted you during your abuse---and hope he comes around and makes some positive changes. If he doesnt, you either accept it or get out. I am guessing he made the same decision when you were drinking.

Good luck
Old 07-31-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

An example-

Lets say you get robbed at gunpoint outside a mall. For days/months, years you carry this insane amount of anger/fear. Was it your fault---no! Is it your fault to continue holding the grudge and letting this instance influence YOUR life in negative way...Yes.

Worry about what you can control- absolutely NOTHING else.

I will be pulling for you.