Notices

Struggling today

Old 07-25-2012, 02:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Seo

Struggling today

Im really struggling today.

Somehow or other (and I dont know how this happened) I seem to have quilte literally lost two weeks. Im exhausted and so tired. I have around 16 hours of sobriety and Im thinking fairly clearly. At least clear enough to know that I have to continue this way.

How should I get started? I mean I need major encouragement. Lift up the Big Book? go to a meeting? turn on an old movie and forget about life? weepy music about love and loss? Chocolate? I just want to feel loved right now and somehow held. There really is no one that I can turn to. Big book and Meeting really arent what I need, I just want a good old fashioned meal and be with my grandparents and people who made me feel sure I was loved from my childhood

my eyes are nipping right now and I feel a barage of feelings of things that all need looking at one by one and I just want to switch off the phone and go away to sort myself out.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

You should consider medical supervision for detox first.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Seo...

I wanted the good meal and my grandparents too but, even if that had been possible, I'm not sure it was really what I needed - what I *really* needed was to accept my position, make a lasting decision for change and do something different with my life.

There's many different approaches and methods of recovery around - here's some links to some of the main UK players & resources:

The National Alcohol Helpline-UK - Tel: 0800 917 8282 Offers help to callers worried about their own drinking; support to the family and friends of people who are drinking; advice to callers on where to go for help.
Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A.) Great Britain
Home - SMART Recovery UK

Addaction | Drugs & Alcohol Addiction and Recovery: Support - Help - Advice

local UK services directories
Alcohol services | Alcohol Concern

Find more health services - Alcohol addiction support - NHS Choices

I also recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach.

I also agree with awuh that medical assistance is probably a good idea before anything else. Detox can be troublesome sometimes, especially if you're coming off a bender.

You can also ask their advice about moving forward too
D
Old 07-25-2012, 06:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Seo View Post
Big book and Meeting really arent what I need, I just want a good old fashioned meal and be with my grandparents and people who made me feel sure I was loved from my childhood
A hot meal and a hug is wonderful, just not as a recovery plan.

At the beginning of your post you ask, "How should I get started?" then reject one of the options that could help. OK, so AA isn't for you. There are other methods, as Dee pointed out. But it all starts with ACTION.

Good luck.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I know that the days that I dont feel like going to a meeting (which is rare), are the ones I could use the most.

And for me I know I can say in 1 1/2 years of going almost 7 days a week. I Never and I truly mean neverhave I walked out of a meeting feeling worse than I did going in.

But whatever you chose to do today, just dont do 1 thing, dont pick up.

I be at a meeting at 8 the doors will be open,

Good love, Inda
Old 07-25-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The best way to feel loved Seo is to love yourself. I know that can be hard to do sometimes but with practise, doing things which we know are good for us and taking care of ourselves, it gets easier. :ghug3
Old 07-25-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Seo)))