Notices

Sad

Old 09-07-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I do too. She's put such effort into her recovery through inpatient rehab, OP rehab, medically supervised detox and AA. She is a beautiful person, creative and a dancer. I just can't believe she's letting go of all those wonderful things. I will continue to stay in touch with her.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I know she has many numbers, but am not sure she ever felt really connected to anyone. I hate to think she feels more connected to a wine bottle.....I hope she'll try to get sober again soon.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

pondlady,

She is very fortunate to have a friend like you.

It is unbelievable that she has so much going for her and doesn't drink? Not to me.

I guess she is just not ready to quit. I have known people like that. (Like ME) It is heartwrenching to watch them....remembering how distraught I was in that era. I always hope that those still drinking alcholically don't do any "permanent damage"....i.e hurt or kill someone else or themselves, and that the bottom they will find themselves at is fixable.

A reminder to stay sober? You bet! I am just so sorry for those still out there. Prayers to your friend and all those that are still suffering.