Notices

Feeling relieved and happy

Old 07-23-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling relieved and happy

So, I am exhausted emotionally from deciding never to drink again. I know it is the right decision though. Tonight when I said good night to my kiddos I felt so relieved knowing that I can be the mom that they need me to be. I have been so lucky that my kids have not seen me drunk and there hasn't been any horrible consequences from me drinking too much. I would like to take my hand and fold and walk away from gambling on whether or not I can moderate alcohol or socially drink....... the truth is I can't and never will be able to. First it is depressing, then I feel relieved at the idea of not having to kid myself anymore. I know it will be uncomfortable when people offer me drinks or ask why I'm not drinking. A simple no thank you should do, or i just dont' enjoy drinking anymore.... Anyways, I feel great and am very happy with my decision.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's a great decision to make H - and there's always support here should you need it

D
Old 07-23-2012, 09:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you! I notice you and I joined Spring last year and are starting out new right now. I'm glad you feel so confident and strong. Let's both get through this.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Missy7 - Last year I really thought I was ready, but alcohol convinced me to try and moderate. It's been a roller coaster ride of foggy nights and I am ready to really give it 100% this time. Glad to see you are back too. How long have you been sober for again?
Old 07-24-2012, 01:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

awesome
Old 07-24-2012, 01:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats Humiliated, you've made the right decision, and you're in the right place.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Member of SMART Recovery

Originally Posted by Humiliated View Post
So, I am exhausted emotionally from deciding never to drink again. I know it is the right decision though. Tonight when I said good night to my kiddos I felt so relieved knowing that I can be the mom that they need me to be.
Absolutely. One of the best, if not THE best, result of my decision never to drink again has been that I've been a much better mother. My kids were little when I quit and are young adults now, so I get to enjoy the benefits every day!