Notices

Anyone else pissed off?

Old 07-24-2012, 12:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I was EXACTLY the same. I just repeated over and over in my mind 'the only way out is through'. It's true, I'm through it now, it took a good month tho hon but that's nothing in the scheme of things and it just keeps getting better. Believe us
Old 07-24-2012, 01:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well, it's another day 3 for me.
I'd been thinking how, compared to last time, 'It's not so bad, you're doing ok.' That was because I was still half asleep, I think, and feeling... not relaxed, what's that thing that's like relaxed only it isn't?
Now I'm more awake, after going for blood tests, arguing with the doctor's receptionist about getting an appointment - that's another Tuesday meeting I'm going to miss - I'm feeling... pretty crap really. Still tired, but miserable, snappy... Or, to put it another way, I'm stuck inside of Ripley with the Day 3 blues again.
MsAprilJ, it does get better. It gets a little easier too, which is also good.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Anger is short term madness. It will get you no where.

But I agree. I am pissed and still am when I consider it all.

But I am putting that aside for now and focusing on what the task at hand is.

All my best to you!
Old 07-24-2012, 05:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hang in there April,
I am only on Day 9 but feel a lot better than Day 3. It was only last week so very fresh in my memory, it was probably the worse day so far. I feel so much stronger for making it through that day.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I've just remembered one more thing, as Columbo would have said. "When you're going through hell, keep going."
Old 07-24-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi MsApril, did you make it through the night, I hope?

I experienced that sort of anger when quitting smoking, many times; it was usually what led to my starting smoking again. Not with alcohol though...six weeks and I am mostly tired and depressed, asfar as negative feelings go. (On the upside, I feel great first thing in the morning, physically MUCH better and grateful that I'm staying sober!)
Old 07-24-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Wow! I can't get over all of the support on SoberRecovery. Thank you! I made it through day 3!!! I am so happy that I didn't cave! So I am thankful for another hangover free morning and looking forward to a productive day! Thank you AGAIN, to all of you who took the time to offer support. It means the world to me right now. Knowing that others have similar struggles and that it gets easier is such a comfort and inspiration.

Here goes day 4!!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

GOOD for you!!!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:15 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks Stevie, CONGRATULATIONS on 6 WEEKS!!! Waking up without a hangover, feeling good is a HUGE motivator!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

I am in the exact same boat, but I am on day 10. I am irritated at every little thing. I have a bitch attitude that doesnt want to go away. I also rip my husbands head off for menial things. But, I know if I take a drink I will just be a drunk bitch to everyone. Might as well do it sober. This too shall pass, my friend. Best wishes.

Dom.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

MsApril

I've kept a log of every day I've been sober. Here are two excerpts from my Day 3 log. You might notice some similarities:

"Day 3: Irritation day. Just about everything about today irritated me. Exceptions were a hug and a smile from my rheumatologist’s assistant..."

"Today I developed a thirst for lots of beer, and imagined how easy it would be to stop at the nearest pub to assuage this thirst. I pictured the golden liquid smiling as it slid down my throat, instantly anaesthetising my brain with the familiar alcoholic “buzz”. Like Pavlov’s dog, my conditioned reflex when I pass a pub is to direct all my attention to the shape and capacity of a large beer glass, and how comfortable it feels clutched fully laden in the vice-like grip of my hand. Then I remind myself that I just have to get through today... and this compulsion will fade."

And it has
Old 07-24-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dominica2 View Post
I am in the exact same boat, but I am on day 10. I am irritated at every little thing. I have a bitch attitude that doesnt want to go away. I also rip my husbands head off for menial things. But, I know if I take a drink I will just be a drunk bitch to everyone. Might as well do it sober. This too shall pass, my friend. Best wishes.

Dom.
I'm the same.day 24 now,feel great in the morning but by evening whenhusband come home from work I'm so short tempered with him. He's such a decent person and doesn't deserve this. I want to be happy and contented but just feel so annoyed. hope it will pass.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

MsAprilJ,

Reward yourself, too. Go out and do what you like the most or go somewhere peaceful and relaxing! I'm going on the Blue Ridge Parkway Thursday morning to relax and look at the beauty the world has got to offer. The more you reward yourself, the easier your recovery will be because it takes your mind off of your old self and focuses on your new self. The world is not just your house and work