Notices

Day 8

Old 07-22-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dom I remember your first post here, and watched your ups and downs, especially this last that wasn't your fault except by being in the drinking life. I am inspired by you and your journey. Keep posting, and I think it might just stick, if you feel that switch has flipped in your head like I did in mine.

You will get better at getting better, the longer you get better.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Great job. Tomorrow when you wake up sober walk out into the sunshine and soak it in. Waking up for the last week not feeling like he'll has made all the difference in the world to me. You'll get there, you're doing great.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm new here, so I'm not familiar with your past battles, but I just wanted to congratulate you on day 8! I'm one day behind you, and having similar symptoms.... They suck, and it's really annoying being more tired sober, haha. I think the withdrawal symptoms are a good reminder though how hard our bodies have to work to get the toxins out... I try to incorporate that into my thinking each day. You're doing great sweets!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Thanks so much everyone! Day 9 now, and I am getting aggitated that I wake up in a bad mood every morning, like its bad NOT to be hungover. I dont get it. Maybe it has nothing to do with the withdrawals and more to do with the struggles I have been facing lately. Plus, my washer broke yesterday and my new flatscreen TV isn't working this morning. UGH. I'm not going to drink over such trivial things, though. Although I cannot pinpoint the annoyances I am dealing with, I am very proud I made it to day 9, and I actually turned down going to the bar last night where all of my drinks would have been covered. Everyone of my friends are still baffled and in disbelief that I quit drinking. When they ask "why?" I just say "Why not?" and leave it at that. Anyway, I am sure I am just rambling on. Time for some coffee. Thanks for letting me vent everyone. Your support is so important to me on this journey.

Dom.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Dom, your courage and determination have left me speechless. I am in awe. I can only watch you on your journey now.

I actually turned down going to the bar last night where all of my drinks would have been covered.
There is no such thing as free booze, is there?
Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Fresh, I'snt that the truth! There definitely is no such thing as free booze. There is always a consequence. Thanks
Old 07-23-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Awesome! One of my coworkers tried to convince me for over an hour to meet up with her when I got off work... Although she is always fun to hang out with, I literally didn't have a bone in my body that wanted to go to the bar and drink.... I told a few people last night while working (I work in a bar) and they were all super proud of me, and surprised lol. It basically showed me that the people I associate with also have big time alcohol problems.... Not one person said that 7 days is easy, 2, maybe...lol... Keep up the good work Chica!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Thanks Nessa! I just quit my bartending job. I couldn't have done it working where I worked. Props to you my friend!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Haha, so far, I haven't had a problem with it. In fact, it's helped me to see what can be. I see the same people every day, doing the same thing.... Always drunk, always only halfway there. My coworkers texts last night also reinforced why I am doing this. I honestly wish she would put down the bottle too, she's deeper in than me, and I am scared for her quite often. I can see how working at a Bar would be extremely hard though.... Luckily, we aren't allowed to drink on the job, so it really doesn't cross my mind at work.... The problem is after work... So I basically have to just run out of there haha