Notices

How my addiction see's a drink

Old 07-22-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Recoveringed

Originally Posted by Tendencies View Post
I would think that a normal person looks at beer, wine and liquor as drinks. As a treat, or just a drink.... or I don't know what anymore? I don't think like them so I'm not really sure.

But to me I saw the "drunk."
I really like how you put this, that's just right for how it was for me too. I saw the drunk.

Then how much will get me where, and how fast, and how long can I stay there, and what will I need when to keep it going, and where will I be, and can I stay there if I can't go home, what will I need to do when I get to that other place, but maybe this time it will be different, right!

No, there was nothing normal about my thinking, and there were a whole lot of attempts at management from someone who so wrongly thought they were in control.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Recoveringed

Originally Posted by EFC View Post
Just joined today. This thread is awesome. I so relate to everything in this, especially the "wine percentage" and the "having friends over" parts. It's almost a relief to know that I am not that only one.
You're definitely not the only one.

Welcome Efc.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EFC View Post
Just joined today. This thread is awesome. I so relate to everything in this, especially the "wine percentage" and the "having friends over" parts. It's almost a relief to know that I am not that only one.
Welcome EFC

There's almost a joke in there... bunch of drunks walk into a store - dinner party? Me too. Looking at the back to see what will go best with your meal eh? Me too. Got the strongest? Me too ...

and here we all are as the punchline!

Sometimes you have to chuckle at the absurdity.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Scarey how true it is

I feel better that I'm not alone, but also I feel pathetic!
Old 07-22-2012, 08:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Yeah, my brain would work with the precision of a skilled craftsman when figuring out how much alcohol I would need for the weekend. Though man did my heart sink every time I didn't have quite enough for the night.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Every word - so true. I'm not a guy but the "alcoholic version of blue balls" made me laugh out loud. Thanks for this post I could have written it myself. Well except that part!!
Old 07-23-2012, 02:26 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yes, whenever I bought beer - before I started on the special brew - I always checked the ABV. It was all I really cared about. Anything less than 5%... well, only if there's nothing else. I was at a party and they had some 3% bitter, and I just thought to myself, well I'm glad I brought some better stuff. [Ate too much that day as it happens. (sigh)]
Old 07-23-2012, 02:34 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

All the 13.5 % wine was a bit expencive. So instead of two bottles at 13.5% i'd buy three at 12% to make up for it . OH so crazy !

M
Old 07-23-2012, 07:20 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Tendencies View Post
... I saw the "drunk." When I bought booze it was based on how much would it take me to get drunk. I was pretty good at looking at what I needed for the day. My plan was usually two tall beers to start the day. Then a few doubles of scotch and then wine to finish the rest of the night and the rest of the scotch. It wasn't booze I measured what I bought alcohol it was the affect it would have one me. What I needed it to do to me.
Yeah, absolutely so true. "Being drunk" was the thing desired, "drinking" was a polite description of simply becoming drunk, and how to nurse and keep a drunk ongoing. It was always about the quality of the drunkeness of my numbed out life that satisfied me for a time. Until it didn't satisfy me. After that my so-called quality control went south, and my drunks continued nonetheless...