Notices

Friday night?

Old 07-20-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friday night?

Its friday night and i've done the movie night for the past few nights, kinda getting old. just wondering what everyone else did on the weekend nights at the beginning of their recovery that didn't involve redbox/netflix or going downtown?

B
Old 07-20-2012, 08:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

There might be some inspiration here?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ething-do.html

D
Old 07-20-2012, 09:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Personally I like to lay in bed and think of all the cool things I can do and will have extra money to do with my new sober life...Its fun my mind races with all kind of things I can enjoy more now not drunk....
Old 07-20-2012, 09:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

i live in Milwaukee and it's summer festival madness right now. i just heard the last of the fireworks for Fiesta Italiana. my husband and i like to go to as many of the local festivals as possible. we're not late nighters but we there's things like catching smaller local bands (might be a problem since it's a bar activity), art gallery showings (sometimes they're pretty late), going to bed early to catch early activities on Saturday (i love Farmer's Markets!)...i want to plan a camping trip soon.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I do all sorts of things, but I always hit a meeting. Then their are festivals, night hiking, campfires, or just a nice walk in the middle of the evening.

Keep doing well.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great Ideas!

I ended up just getting ice cream down the street with my roommate. Before i left i started to get really anxious and my head kinda felt like it was gonna explode or something lol. when i started to walk to the ice cream place i felt better right away. my roommate wanted to take it home but i asked her if we could just stay in the shop and eat it, i needed to be out of the house. its funny i feel so much better now, but i'm not gonna lie on the walk i thought of like 3 or 4 places i could veer off to that served drinks.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will get easier Ben
good for you for staying strong tonight tho

D
Old 07-20-2012, 10:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Friday nights were just another trigger for me. After 2 years of sobriety though, Friday nights are just another night in the week. I have come to realize that not using chemical substances to be "satisfied" isn't going to keep me from being bored, just sober. I could be on a cosmic journey right now, but I'm content to be on SR instead.