Notices

can the withdrawl symptoms come back

Old 07-20-2012, 04:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

can the withdrawl symptoms come back

hi everyone,
as many of youse know i was put on detox meds. i started off with 15mg 4 times a day for a few days them 10 mg 4 times a day for a few days which i had a big improvement and felt happy and people saw the difference in me and were happy for me but then i dropped to 5 mg just on a night and when i got to this point i became realy depressed and was crying for practically nothing and even told my bf i needed to be away from him to decide what i wanted in my life as my head was allova the place so i end up drinknig as i basically felt screwed up. within 2 weeks i drank 3 nights whereas i used to drink everynight so my question is can drinking these 3 nights bring back withdrawl symptoms as today i felt sick, weak, tired and shaky and spoke to my doctor who has started me back on the withdrawl tablets. also i have recently started the gym to try and help me as doctors have recommended exercise to make me feel better yet even though i have been when i havnt been hungover i have come away feeling worse (ie feeling totally drained from energy, shaky and sick) so i dont know wheter im suffering from withdrawl or wether the gym is causing more harm than good.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Every time I drank I suffered withdrawal again, so yeah it's possible sharp.

Exercise is great - but don't over do it - we've abused our bodies for a long time...be gentle

light exercise is best for a while...what have you been doing @ the gym?
Old 07-20-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, I agree that it's possible. And, I think each time we quit drinking, it gets harder physically and mentally.

I'm glad you talked to your dr.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i havnt overdone myself at the gym as i told them i had anxiety so i do the pace im comfortable with. i warm up for 5 mins on a bike then go on the toning up equipment which isnt bad then i go on the cardio which is 20 minutes on the bikes and 20 minutes on the treadmill. iv seen some right show offs running on the treadmill for ages but i just stick to walking as i suffer anxiety. 1st time i went i came home and as soon as i sat down i fell asleep and it was only 4pm and 2nd time i went i became weak and shaky. i know theres something not right but i dont know wether its through the withdrawl, my nutrition or wether im dehydrating myself.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well that would kill me LOL...but if you're happy with it, go for it

Maybe it's something to ask your Dr then?

D
Old 07-20-2012, 05:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sharp75 View Post
i havnt overdone myself at the gym as i told them i had anxiety so i do the pace im comfortable with. i warm up for 5 mins on a bike then go on the toning up equipment which isnt bad then i go on the cardio which is 20 minutes on the bikes and 20 minutes on the treadmill. iv seen some right show offs running on the treadmill for ages but i just stick to walking as i suffer anxiety. 1st time i went i came home and as soon as i sat down i fell asleep and it was only 4pm and 2nd time i went i became weak and shaky. i know theres something not right but i dont know wether its through the withdrawl, my nutrition or wether im dehydrating myself.
  • Hydrate. This means 2 times the amount of water you normally consume.
  • Go easy on equipment. Your heart has taken a beating. Don't over exert yourself.
  • Eat raw nuts if you can get your hands on them. Evens your metabolism slowly.
  • Most importantly, focus on your head and spirit at this point. Treat your body gently and kindly.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks change4good, i think its the hydration thing as i dont mean to sound graphic but my urine is really dark yellow. after i came home yesterday after the gym i start feeling shaky and weak so i had a pint of water with a detox tablet and after awhile i felt better so i dont know wether it was the water or detox meds
Old 07-20-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Any time I went back to drinking and then quit again I had bad w/d symptoms. No matter how long I drank for I felt horrible. For me I don't ever want to go thru w/d again.

And do drink lots of water and juice to flush the toxins out of your system.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

For a while after, I would have some low blood sugar issues. The symptoms I had were shakiness, a little lightheaded, weak, and sometimes a little confused. Try eating a combo of protein and carb (apple and pb, crackers and cheese, greek yogurt and berries) every couple of hours to even it out. Just my opinion...not a dr, of course.