Notices

So ... I failed ...

Old 07-20-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Desertsong,

Good for you for taking the steps you need to get back to your recovery. And, I'm glad you have decided to talk to a lawyer.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hang in there desertsong, I'm sure the right answer will soon present it's self. But doing something about it is the first step, and even way better than doing nothing at all!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I'm so impressed that you've already taken action, went to see a nurse practitioner and are looking at your marriage, and what's best for you and your sobriety. Really - you should feel good about yourself right now!

You got a whole bunch of friends here (me included) who have nothing but confidence in you, ds!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

What kind of detox is needed after one drinking binge?

I am so happy you are getting back on track- you have always been such a help to me here. We all have your back so all the hard stuff you have- you won't be doing it alone.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:34 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aeo1313 View Post
What kind of detox is needed after one drinking binge?

I am so happy you are getting back on track- you have always been such a help to me here. We all have your back so all the hard stuff you have- you won't be doing it alone.
I was wondering the same thing. That kinda scares me.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:48 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

your strength and spirit are beautiful.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Prepping yourself to start LIVING...thats the way to do it!!!

Positive ACTION
Old 07-21-2012, 04:22 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Desertsong, I am so sorry to hear of all your going through. You have been an inspiration to me and to many here!! Like the others said this is not a setback but a learning experience that will make you even stronger!! I will be keeping you in my prayers!! Lind
Old 07-21-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Grateful AA member

You are a strong woman and glad you are making the steps to better your life you will be so much happier. I know you will succeed.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:27 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
~sb

How much did you drink in one day?

Love, hugs, & support sent to you,
Old 07-21-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

I caved for about 4 days and in that time I drank about a pint of whiskey throughout the day. It may not seem like a lot but after having 4 months sober, it hit me pretty hard. The nurse practitioner I saw yesterday subscribed a short term course of Librium and I'm on my first day of it today. I'm not comfortable, but I'm doing okay.

I did kick my husband out of the house last night at 3 a.m. after he returned home from one of his bar jaunts, and I'm not sure what's going to happen from here. He's not returning my phone calls or texts and I don't know where he is but we were supposed to go to a friend's wedding this afternoon and he could be there. I'm sure he'll be the life of the reception, drinking too much and telling what he thinks are his amusing stories. Then he'll probably head back to his favorite bar for the night.

Lots of decisions to make but one thing I do know ... my sobriety and my kids come first. I just can't live with someone who staggers in from the bar at 3 a.m. every day, then sleeps it off until noon, gets up, starts drinking, and then does it all over again the next day. This is no life for me and my kids and since he isn't interested in getting sober, I think our days are numbered.

But I'm okay with it. He doesn't seem to want a family anymore; he wants to act like a 20 year old and party every night. I'm better off without a man than staying with someone who cares so little about his wife and kids that he abandons us every night in favor of a bar. It's juvenile, selfish and inconsiderate in the extreme.

Anyway ... just wanted to let you know I'm still here and I'm okay. I appreciate all of the supportive responses very, very much.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

I love reading that your sobriety and kids come first.

I believe in you!

(((DS)))