Notices

my first day tomorrow

Old 07-20-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome Jess

I really recommend you see a Dr - detox can be rough for some of us.

there is also the national hotline

I also recommend you look into some programmes - both AA and SMART (a non 12 step programme are available in the UK

congratulations on day one!

D
i tried a home detox, which was tablets each day and then ween off, this was over 5 days, i failed that too!!! . what i would really like to do is rehab but it costs too much ,
Old 07-20-2012, 11:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome,
I am only on the early days, but keep coming back this site really helps.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

good luck to you too
Old 07-20-2012, 11:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

i messed up today anyway, 1 day of not drinking feels like a week to me think im destined for an early grave i have nothing but my son (who would be better off with out me) loads of debt my husband has immigration problems im just fed up of everything anyway, my mom wont talk to me if she thinks ive been drinking cos 'she been thru it and wont do it again' and my dad still drinks and has never had time of day for me ever his parentss were the only ones who loved me and they have both gone now, and thats my life, ive got no one, no friends cos i cant mix, im too shy! so sit alone in flat wiv my son all week till my husband has his two days off that dont last long enough then he goes away again!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Jess - your son would not be better off without you. He needs you and loves you, you're his mother and he needs you to be healthy and happy but he WOULD NOT be better off without you. I can understand why your mother wouldn't want to speak to you when you're drunk, my mother wouldn't either. She'd had enough of alcohol and what it does to people and couldn't take any more. I'm sure she would be more than happy to speak to you when you're sober, though.

You only live an hour away from me, I'd say we could be friends but that is probably against the rules of this board!

Try not to think about what you've drunk now Jess - you can't change that. Wake up tomorrow and start again.

Remember that alcohol does not make ANY of those problems go away or even make them any easier... it just adds to issues. It never makes anything any better.

Wishing you all the best and hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I wholeheartedly agree with MrsKing. There is no way in the worlf d your son would be better off without his Mom. Your son deserves a sober healthy mother and you deserve to be that for him. You must never give up. Let you son be your motivation