Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Need help finding or starting a meeting that allows people who are on maintenance med

Notices

Need help finding or starting a meeting that allows people who are on maintenance med

Old 07-17-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Need help finding or starting a meeting that allows people who are on maintenance med

I need help finding a meeting or organization that recognizes those of us who are on maintenance medication as in recovery. I am active in NA and I know that the value of one addict helping another is without parallel, but NA says that I'm still using and shouldn't share or hold a service position. I just want to either start or find a meeting where people can share what works for them in their recovery without being judged or being made to feel less than. I am currently in my tapering phase with my treatment and plan to be off of the suboxone soon, but I will never hide what has saved my life and that is a combination of maintence medication and 12 step work in NA. Any suggestions will be appreciated
Old 07-17-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Your honesty is awesome!

I know of several, I mean many, people in AA who have medical prescriptions (naltrexon, subs, anti-depressants, etc) who come to meetings, work the steps, aa who do what they can to stay stopped. Not a problem for most of us. They share in a general way their Experience, Strength, & Hope. They are welcome here. Some plan on getting off their meds one day, some don't.

We also have several dual diagnosis meetings, too.

I wish you a wonderful sober journey!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

aa = & (phone keyboard Is acting up)