Notices

no more??

Old 07-17-2012, 02:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

no more??

So im 4 days in and thinking, does it really mean no more ever?? My mind races from this is great to never again...... i get caught up in the thought of i miss it like you miss an old friend. I keep thinking i can have one someday...... but then i know in my heart it wont be just one. Im worried about social situation's, not wanting my friends to know about my problem. I never really hit rock bottom or had to quit. I just got sick of being drunk all the time. How unclassy it was. I was that high functioning alcoholic, worked 60 + hours aweek ran a farm and still took care of all the things i needed to take care of. My reason was i dont have ahobbie to relax so i drank..
Old 07-17-2012, 02:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!

Have you considered what hobby you'll do to replace your free time?

Glad you are here!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome to SR I'm glad you have decided to stop drinking. This is a great place to spend some of that non-drinking time. I have also taken up baking as a hobby - I find it very therapeutic and as it's something you have to concentrate fully on, it really takes my mind off things. I wish you all the best in your sobriety!
Old 07-17-2012, 03:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Life is infinitely so much better without alcohol. You are correct in keep thinking how unclasp it is to be a drunk. Keep thinking of all the crap it brought you, the terrible hangovers, why would you want that back in your life. When you go out start off by saying your on antibiotics or something, honestly after a while they will just accept that you don't drink. To be perfectly honest peeps don't care what you drink or not, so long as they're all right. Keep it up your doing great.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blakezly View Post
So im 4 days in and thinking, does it really mean no more ever?? My mind races from this is great to never again...... i get caught up in the thought of i miss it like you miss an old friend. I keep thinking i can have one someday...... but then i know in my heart it wont be just one. Im worried about social situation's, not wanting my friends to know about my problem. I never really hit rock bottom or had to quit. I just got sick of being drunk all the time. How unclassy it was. I was that high functioning alcoholic, worked 60 + hours aweek ran a farm and still took care of all the things i needed to take care of. My reason was i dont have ahobbie to relax so i drank..
glad to see ya here and welcome. i dont have to not drink never again. i just make the choice to not drink today. it's been workin pretty good for 7+ years now.
once in a while the thought of drinking pops into my head. give me a hot summer day and put a lawn mower in my hands and when i'm dne, an ice cold 6 pack sounds good. by the grace of God, i can think it through. a 6 pack would be a primer and i've come too far to trow it all away. i know what would happen.

as far as social situations are concerned, 2 things that work for me is be in fit spiritual condition and have an escape route. i never know when them drinkin thoughts are gonna pop up.
as for the friends, it your choice whether you tell em or not. if they know about the problem, they may not try to force a drink on you and be supprtive, or they may try the" cmon, one wont kill ya", which will show ya who yer true friends are.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone..... im really glad i joined.....so far i really don miss it, just afraid i will. Sounds pretty silly i guess. Well im doing it for me too, so ill do better at it then if it was for someone else. Thanks for all listening lol
Old 07-17-2012, 04:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

As far as hobbies, i really dont have time for one right now..... im about to buy a buisness, i run a horse farm, and i have alot on animals to take care of...... i just use to add alcohol to all these things during the day , and call it my hobbie lol.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone..... im really glad i joined.....so far i really don miss it, just afraid i will. Sounds pretty silly i guess. Well im doing it for me too, so ill do better at it then if it was for someone else. Thanks for all listening lol
Old 07-17-2012, 04:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
instant

My suggestion is forget about forever, it never comes. I had a deep cold dread when I thought about a future without alcohol. It went away in the end, it took a while. I think it is a biological part of the addiction.

I now look back at the way things were for me for so long. It's a different place. One I do not want to visit ever again.