Non-Alcoholic Drinks Competition

Old 07-15-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

I like iced chai latte but so many calories. Usually stick with water
Old 07-15-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

every time my husband and i fly, i ask for the Bloody Mary mix when the drink trolly comes by. the flight attendant asks "A Bloody Mary?" "No. Just the mix thanks." confuses them every time.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Going out...I would opt for a sugar-free redbull (or whatever energy drink) with a good splash of cranberry juice OR a tonic water or seltzer with lime that's if I wanted to stay clear of soda and water as a choice, otherwise, I think a Shirley Temple would top my list too.

Home....fresh watermelon crushed up and mixed with a tiny bit of sugar (to taste) put in a glass & pour sparkling water in with it. My kids even love this! OR I pour flavored coffee creamer (i'm a fan of either vanilla or hazelnut) over ice & shake it up with a cup of chilled regular coffee for a cheap iced coffee.

Can't wait to try out what others post as well! Great thread!
Old 07-15-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I've got a great one for brunch that they serve at my favorite spot... refreshing and helps me not miss my mimosas! Ice, muddled with fresh mint. Then equal parts orange, grapefruit, and cranberry juice to nearly full, top off with sparkling water and stir. It's delicious. I'm sure playing with the ratios could be interesting too, to make it sweeter or more bitter to the taste.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

This thread inspired me to search out a new beverage! Probably can't order this anywhere out, but dang this turned out good and I HAD to share it!!

Coconut Melon Cooler

Into the blender:
1 c of watermelon (i chopped mine up)
1 c coconut meat (I used a fresh coconut but you could sub w/unsweetened shredded coconut)
1/2 c sugar

Stir the ingredients, then blend it up.

Add to the mix:
2 c coconut water (again I used the water inside the coconut, but you can buy it anywhere)
1 tbl lemon juice

Blend again, then chill it in the fridge. Once chilled, pour over ice & enjoy! If you like to use garnish: watermelon balls & a mint sprig would go nice.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Coke Zero on ice with a lemon...

Water with Rasberry Crystal Light !
Old 07-15-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I love gatorade, iced tea, and about any fruit smoothie you can blend up. It was shocking to me when I quit drinking and realized how many great non alcoholic drinks are out there.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jstar View Post
This thread inspired me to search out a new beverage! Probably can't order this anywhere out, but dang this turned out good and I HAD to share it!!

Coconut Melon Cooler

Into the blender:
1 c of watermelon (i chopped mine up)
1 c coconut meat (I used a fresh coconut but you could sub w/unsweetened shredded coconut)
1/2 c sugar

Stir the ingredients, then blend it up.

Add to the mix:
2 c coconut water (again I used the water inside the coconut, but you can buy it anywhere)
1 tbl lemon juice

Blend again, then chill it in the fridge. Once chilled, pour over ice & enjoy! If you like to use garnish: watermelon balls & a mint sprig would go nice.

This is the coolest thing I have ever hear :-)

Old 07-16-2012, 11:05 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aeo1313 View Post
I've never had a Shirley temple with orange juice. Sounds good though.

I am loving diet snapped half and half. Like an Arnold Palmer
Never had Shirley Temple. I must have one n Friday night. MUST!

Old 07-17-2012, 12:10 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrsKing View Post
Congratulations!

I love orange juice and lemonade, orange juice and cranberry juice mixed, soda water and lime. Those are the ones I can think of that would be easily found at a bar.

When I'm at home, I make 'mocktails' quite a lot. My current favourite is to chop up strawberries, lime, lemon and grapes, put it into a jug and pour in sparkling water. I leave it for a couple of hours until the water has turned to a pink colour, then pour into glasses over ice. Then I garnish the glass with a slice of lime and a strawberry. Beautiful and delicious!
(and also very healthy!)
Thanks MRsKing-tried this last night and it was wonderful!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:24 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by icanwin View Post
Dear All

I spent my second weekend without drinking :-) YES!

I have discovered another weapon in my arsenal against alcohol.

Lemon + Hot Water + Honey. It's a nice drink!

People asked if I was ill ah ah ah ah

Could you please suggest any other interesting non-alcoholic drink (besides diet coke and others) - I mean cool tasty stuff, that we can actually order easily at a bar.

Let's open a competition for about 2 weeks, and then we vote the best drink after trying ALL of them. Who is with me? I need crazy people who like to have fun with non-alcoholic drinks and who still enjoy going out dancing like!

I had the best Saturday of my entire life! I met a girl with the best eyes I have seen in years....

GREAT IDEA! I love going out and dancing so I'm looking for good non alcoholic drinks (other than mockatils/virgin drinks, which are delicious too)!
I've had lemon, hot water and honey and it's really good (especially when you're sick)!

I;ve been obsessed with infusing my water to keep my mind off of alcohol. I've used a mix of cucmber, lemon, lime and orange. I've only used regular water, but these posts have me wanting to try infusing sparkling water.. YUM!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Ginger ale. You can indeed order it at a bar.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:34 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Another vote for seltzer and cranberry juice with a lime. I drink it out and at home. It makes me feel like I'm having something special.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SmittyBittyBoo View Post
Another vote for seltzer and cranberry juice with a lime. I drink it out and at home. It makes me feel like I'm having something special.
I'll try this one thanks!

Yesterday I went out and found out that my favourite bar has a LONG list of non-alcoholic drinks. I never knew that, cause I was to busy wasting my time with alcohol :-( but now the music has changed eh eh eh

I tried the Bloody Mary. It was better than a cocktail, cause it tastes good and it's not alcoholic!

to summarise I have tried this week

1 vote for Lime + hot water + honey
and
1 vote for Bloody Mary: Lime, Pepper, Salt, Tabasco Sauce, Tomato Juice

Old 07-18-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I like this new one I've been making at home. Sliced cucumber and sparkling water with a squeeze of orange juice and lime. Here's the fun part: rim the glass with salt, fresh ground pepper and Chilli powder! just put the salt, pepper and Chilli power in a saucer, rub the glass rim (before filling the glass first, sillies!) with the lime and then twist the rim to coat!

Garnish with a cucumber slice. It's very refreshing and a bit different. I served it at a recent gathering it was a huge hit! Lots of ice of course!

Love from Lenina
Old 07-20-2012, 02:14 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
I like this new one I've been making at home. Sliced cucumber and sparkling water with a squeeze of orange juice and lime. Here's the fun part: rim the glass with salt, fresh ground pepper and Chilli powder! just put the salt, pepper and Chilli power in a saucer, rub the glass rim (before filling the glass first, sillies!) with the lime and then twist the rim to coat!

Garnish with a cucumber slice. It's very refreshing and a bit different. I served it at a recent gathering it was a huge hit! Lots of ice of course!

Love from Lenina
Fantastic one Lenina. By the way I have tried these cocktails with Chilli Sauces and hey they taste REALLY good!.

So far I have tried 2, please read above.

WEEKEND NUMBER 3. I will not drink and set my personal sober record. I am destined to break all of them cause I am done with alcohol! World Champion of Non-Alcohol Nights Out!