Notices

Newbie here

Old 07-14-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie here

Hello,

I just signed up here. I'm certainly not new to addiction or recovery having been through this a gazillion times. I'm currently 24 days off suboxone. The physical wd's have subsided but this paws is insane. Feeling good one minute and extremely anxious the next. uggggh. Anyway, just wanted to say hi.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That suboxone is some rough stuff to get off of. I have a friend going through the same thing right now. Welcome to SR, hello to you! : D
Old 07-14-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rudie View Post
That suboxone is some rough stuff to get off of. I have a friend going through the same thing right now. Welcome to SR, hello to you! : D
Thank you! Yes, it is very difficult to get off of. From past experience it takes about a month off to feel somewhat "normal". I know suboxone is a life saver for some, but in my case it was just trading one pill for another. I'm in the danger zone now because I may start feeling better in a week or so and feeling good is a huge trigger for me. "Hey you're doing great, you can use now with NO PROBLEM!" Yeah, right.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!

Withdrawal takes longer than 2 days. PAWS won't happen for a (few) month(s) or so. Glad you are making the effort to get off the stuff. Staying stopped is the next step.

I wish you well in your sober journey!
Old 07-15-2012, 03:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It differs from person to person....it all depends on the length of Time you are on them as well.
I was addicted and using heavily for 25 years....It took 18months cutting down gradually... to get free of them,with a GPs help.
With the Withdrawls,panic attacks, and fear of Convultions,dts etc.... It took that long for me to get clean....It certainly was no picnic.
I've been nearly the same time off them now....im still in recovery.
My feelings were never properly utilised as a child....I was brought up in the mist...of addiction....thinking nothing of it.....also...
Not realising I was becoming a Para Alcoholic,and primed for addiction in the future...I Used Alcohol and Tranqualisers until they Stopped working.... I was Hospitalised 13 times in phyco Hospitals....All the time I was afraid to feel because I feared Feelings....full stop.
But everyone feels....not if you are numbed all you life with dysfunctional Coping Skills...and then...addiction to keep up the pretence.

Im attending ACA now....Started to Parent myself with HPs help and the wonderful
Fellowship of ACA.
Im the only one in my family now completely Clean of all sedation...Alcohol,Tranqualisers,etc....and Im coping OK with life.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome to SR. Hope you begin to feel better soon. I wish you all the best in your recovery.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I hope you'll find the help and support you need here. Be kind to yourself. And I wish you all the best.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for the support everybody
Old 07-15-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Glad you're here, you aren't alone
Old 07-15-2012, 06:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome, Enigmatic!
Hang in there; you're over the worst of it now. There's a subforum for detox too:
Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 07-15-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you found us.