Notices

Trying to quit by myself

Old 07-14-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to quit by myself

Well, today is my 2nd day clean from heroin and I feel ok. I'm sick, but not throwing up or having diarrhea yet. I got suboxine to help, but I really need a doctor. I've called 30 places with no luck yet. The earliest is mid August which seems too long. I was able to get into an outpatient program but it doesnt include detox. So here I am trying to do it on my own for about a week now. I'm ok until I start throwing up everything even water and shakes so bad I throw up bc my stomach muscles wont stop clenching. The other withdrawals suck, but thats my down fall.

Starlit84
Old 07-14-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

have you considered going to an ER?
Old 07-14-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LDT

I really think you need to go to the ER. They cannot turn you away. Can someone take you? Don't detox alone, star. This is serious.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm more than a bit worried about you doing this on your own. I don't know anything about heroin but I'm sure this withdrawal should be medically supervised.
Please take care x
Old 07-14-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, please go to an ER to get help for yourself.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well, unless there's a problem caused by your blood pressure going up they say heroin withdrawals won't kill you. They just suck. The person at the outpatient program said that he believed in getting sober off heroin yourself. I'm using Soboxone which is not recommended without a doctor but I only have a little bit. It just helps with the withdrawals.

I can't afford to go to the hospital b/c I don't have insurance. The outpatient program gave me a list of detox numbers to call on Monday. The only program they offer is Suboxone, but it cost $3,000 which is too much for me.

I go back to work on Monday and I'm trying to figure out how to juggle working and going to the outpatient. I can take time off, but I'm waiting to see if I can get in anywhere to detox.

I never thought it would be so hard to get help. I either can't afford places, they are too booked up around my area for heroin, or the wait is in August or September. I hope the new numbers have something to offer me. I tried Methadone, but I was rejected b/c it's for people who have been on heroin for years. You also have to had tried other methods of recovery. I haven't..and I've always jumped from different drugs. Heroin has been the longest, but it's still been less than a year.

Starlit