SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hello from a lurker... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/262403-hello-lurker.html)

HarleyDaddy 07-13-2012 05:06 PM

Hello from a lurker...

Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. Don't know how much posting I'll do in the coming future, but I wanted to say hello.

Just a little about me. I've been struggling with alcoholism for awhile now. I kind of scared myself a little while back and have been trying to ween my way out of it. In the last week my consumption has been just enough to calm the withdrawal, but not enough to "feel it". And this evening I'm declaring it my "day 1" of no intake what-so-ever.

I am totally aware that this is going to be hard. But honestly, just finding this site and reading similar stories has helped so much. I never thought just having a weak moment and being able to come here and read what others have written would be so helpful.

With some help from God and some strength from within, I hope I get to celebrate many more Friday the 13ths as a sober person :)

suki44883 07-13-2012 05:14 PM

Welcome to SR, HarleyDaddy! So glad you found us. There is a lot of support here from a lot of people who have gone through the same thing. Hope you'll stick around, read and post often. It will help. :grouphug:

Impurrfect 07-13-2012 05:29 PM

((HarleyDaddy)) - Welcome to SR!! I was a long time lurker, too. I think signing on was one of the best decisions I ever made - welcome to the family:)

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Dee74 07-13-2012 05:30 PM

I hope you'll stick around too HD - welcome aboard :)

D

Anna 07-13-2012 05:39 PM

Good decision!

And, I do hope you continue to read and post. :)

SobrietyNow 07-13-2012 05:47 PM

Welcome Harley Daddy! Good to see you here. The posts are so great and have kept me so strong and so supported, I'm sure they'll do the same for you!

debsam 07-13-2012 06:13 PM

Welcome HD

Feels good getting off the sidelines and getting on the field....posting is a great first step.

Be proud of yourself for that :)

HarleyDaddy 07-13-2012 07:11 PM

Yeah, it does feel good. You know what else feels good? "Celebrating" day 1 with a big ol' bag of Arby's comfort food. I know, I know...I need to eat better. But tonight I needed a non-alcoholic smile :)

debsam 07-13-2012 08:00 PM

Loving the sense of humour there HD :)

One step at a time...enjoy your Arby's....it's a beautiful thing...no? sorry, couldn't help myself :)

CraigA 07-13-2012 08:56 PM

Good Mood Food! Enjoy!

artsoul 07-13-2012 09:32 PM

Welcome HarleyDaddy!

Congrats on the first day of sobriety! I was amazed how much it helped coming here, too..... I was starting to wonder if I'd ever get sober again. Take it a day at a time and know that you can do this!:c014: