Notices

Up one day down the next

Old 07-13-2012, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Up one day down the next

I was so happy on Monday for making it a week, but the last couple of days I've been really moody. Not really wanting to drink per se, but just restless and/or sad for no reason.

It's like this pressure is building inside me. Maybe because it's the weekend again (my drinking time) and I'm feeling like do I really want to keep sober? Guess I'll just have to really focus on the moment.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

It's Friday! My heart beats faster on Fridays....

My highs and lows were polar opposites all week for me. Let's hope we are both normal!

If I may point out.... You are trying in your sentences to give yourself permission to drink...stop it.... Theres no pressure building. That's a ruse.

Do something fun this weekend for yourself.

My best to you

Ken
Old 07-13-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If I may point out.... You are trying in your sentences to give yourself permission to drink...stop it.... Theres no pressure building. That's a ruse.
Perhaps I am..I am just in a f-it place. Like it wasn't that bad.. just the hangover, depression after the binge, money spent, blackouts.. Ugh. Sorry just venting. Will get thru this feeling - maybe that's it too- not used to feelings.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

There is nothing you said that I have not recently felt. I drank Sunday till I lost memory. And I traveled home on a train from NYC. It was dangerous.

I understand the feeling right now. I really want you to choose to be sober. When I feel like you do at this moment I get tunnel vision.... For one thing... If I can snap you out of it I would.

Be angry if you need to... Whatever you need. Just be good to yourself.

Ken
Old 07-13-2012, 12:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Stick with it. It's hard to stop drinking. We know that. You will more proud of yourself by staying sober. Keep it up!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brdlvr View Post
Perhaps I am..I am just in a f-it place. Like it wasn't that bad.. just the hangover, depression after the binge, money spent, blackouts.. Ugh. Sorry just venting. Will get thru this feeling - maybe that's it too- not used to feelings.
I felt like this earlier today, I was ready just to throw in the towel. I didn't and I'm glad I didn't as I feel great now.

My highs and lows don't seem to be following a pattern at the moment, they can be hours apart, days apart a day apart. Sometimes the highs are so high I think eh? What is this I'm feeling?! Get through tonight, you could well be feeling great again tomorrow. Get through tomorrow then it'll be practically the end of the weekend, then on Monday you'll feel great as you'll have 2 weeks to be proud of

Sorry that sounds like I'm wishing your weekend away! Do have a great one and enjoy it.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Try not to think "Aw man, I can never drink ever again" thinking about staying clean in the long run can be quite intimidating. Tell yourself you won't drink just for today.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Brdlvr, when I saw the thread topic, I was afraid you'd given in! I was so relieved to see you hadn't! You were so proud of yourself and so happy for making it - "What a difference a week makes!" Hang onto that feeling.

And, hey, sober normies have crappy days, too.

Up one day, down the next....then UP AGAIN!
Old 07-13-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I feel you! I'm having a hard time today. I'm irritable. And I want to say f-it too. But then I'll just be back to day one again.

We CAN do it!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

read your old posts if you need to, brd - it helped me remind myself I really was 'that bad'.
Stay close by SR - lots of support here over the weekend

D
Old 07-13-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I get that way too sometimes, like why will one more time matter? I've been trying to let the feeling go by and not hang onto it. That gets me into trouble once I pursue that why not one more time thought. This post has strengthened my resolve, really helpful. Thanks everyone for being onboard today!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's totally normal to feel that way, brdlvr. I was up & down for a couple of months. It wasn't all rainbows & roses right out of the gate. I was resentful & sorry for myself. That attitude changed, though - and I never went back to that dark place. It's a huge adjustment we're going through, but you will rise above the bad days! Glad you told how you were feeling - I hope it lessens your anxiety.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Isn't this your second sober weekend coming up brdlvr?? This is a major milestone and you are going to feel fabulous when you get to the other side of it! It does feel a bit rocky at times but just roll with it, as long as you don't drink these highs and lows will start to even out, and probably sooner than you think they will. Stay close to SR this weekend x