Notices

Anyone ever had there sponsor give up on them?

Old 07-13-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

sugarbear nailed it, i think. sounds like it might be time for a detox if you are ready for it..
Old 07-13-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure what there is not to understand Shallow.

You need to stop. Noone else can do that for you.
If you ewant to change - and I belive you do - you need to look for every avenue of help you can find.

You may be using a different drug to some of us but the parameters are the same - we've all been there.

I tend to agree with others here - if you have free time why not try detox/rehab - break the cycle?

D
Old 07-13-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I'm sorry to hear your troubles Shallow. All you can do is find a new sponsor.

I wonder though, you called him your sponsor but it sounds like you're still struggling with Step 1 (I struggled with that one too). You do know that a sponsor is there to help you work the steps and that's pretty much it basically. What step were you working on?

BTW, I wouldn't call it tough love. May be he just wanted to stop watching you kill yourself and I don't mean that in a mean way. It's horrible to see a close friend or family member suffer from this disease. I believe, from experience, that it's just as torturous as going through the addiction may be even more so.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

If you can't function in regular life without getting high or drunk then 28 day rehab would be the best way to get out of your routine of life. I'm not kin with the recovery that most use but getting out of that environment is something you may need to stop it.