Notices

anxiety day 7

Old 07-13-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

anxiety day 7

Well i've made it about a week. Last night I went to the hospital for what I thought was a heart attack, but it was anxiety. I'm taking lorazapam (sp) and that's helping. But I want to know how long does this last? I don't want to take medication, but I don't want to feel like a.craxy person.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your sober week!

I know from personal experience that anxiety is really awful to deal with. Hopefully, you will start to feel more comfortable soon. I'm assuming you've talked to your dr or the hospital last night about this since you have the lorazaparm. Try to keep things relatively simple. Are you getting any exercise time, how about eating properly, and getting sleep? Taking care of yourself will help.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

hi gnly -

Have you had panic attacks before? I found that my anxiety and depression got better pretty quickly after I quit drinking, but I know the first couple weeks had a lot of ups and downs. It wouldn't hurt to write down the times you feel most anxious (what you're thinking/feeling, how long the feeling lasts, etc.) so that you can see if there's a pattern.

Like Anna said, if you can, keeping things simple can really help. Staying in the moment helped me too. Also, there's a lot of help on the internet on how to deal with anxiety and panic attacks, things like mindfulness, breathing techniques, etc.....

Hope you feel better soon!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Anxiety is horrible. I have dealt with it on and off for 10+ years. I have found relief with Lexapro. I hope the lorazapram helps.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it varies for all of us gnly.

Anna's advice is good I think
I hope you feel better soon.

D