Notices

The evening of Day 3

Old 07-12-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking The evening of Day 3

Hi, everyone I am using the phone to post please excuse typos..Had very very bad sleep on night 2 which was last night woke up pouring, I mean pouring sweat once and a bad dream the second time..Went to work like always this A.M. felt pretty good most of the day..Came home and no energy whatsoever..Just lazy feeling..I quit one time before and I was going crazy on m house cleaning etc..This time I am tired and look at the mess and not do anyt about it. That kinda depresses me because my house isnt up to my standards anymore..Got my test back from doc my liver test came back with slightly. Elevated enzymes...Im 36 and drank a twelve pack a night.Every night....On weekends even more for 15 years.Also my thoughts have been foggy?? Anyone else have theses experiances and will your liver eventually heal???..thanks for ur comments
Old 07-12-2012, 10:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, welcome to SR

Apparently the liver is the only organ that can repair itself, as long as the damage isn't too bad.

Congrats on 3 days-the sweats,sleeping etc do go in a few days. good on you seeing your doc.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome & congrats on 3 days!

I experienced night sweats & bad dreams the first time I quit. The sweats were there (for me) every night for about a month. I am 32 & was a daily drinker & a binge drinker on the weekends (and sometimes during the week too). I've quit & relapsed more than I can count over the last few months & everytime the sweats are the first thing I get & it is awful!

I hope your symptoms don't stick around for too long!
Old 07-13-2012, 01:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jstar View Post
Welcome & congrats on 3 days!

I experienced night sweats & bad dreams the first time I quit. The sweats were there (for me) every night for about a month. I am 32 & was a daily drinker & a binge drinker on the weekends (and sometimes during the week too). I've quit & relapsed more than I can count over the last few months & everytime the sweats are the first thing I get & it is awful!

I hope your symptoms don't stick around for too long!
Wow sounds my like situation. I make it 5 days with no sleep and then loose it again.

Anyways dont give up on yourself. Leave the demon (alcohol) behind you.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi khgmr63

Every one of my detoxes was different...everything you've described sounds pretty routine to me - but do check with your Dr if you feel concerned...it's always best to set your mind at ease

Like others have said the liver is pretty good at repairing itself...so long as we give it the best chance to do so by not drinking again

I hope you'll feel better and less foggy soon

D
Old 07-13-2012, 01:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done. 3 days is 3 victories. All you have to cope with at any one time is the present day, and you are doing just that.

I had a fair bit of liver damage in the past and to top it off was a Hep-B carrier. I was informed by doctors this would not change. I had tests 3 times so the Hep was definately there. Fast forward several years (and another run of 3 tests) and the liver is all but healed and the Hep is gone. My doctor doesn't believe me when I tell him how I did it but I am a seriously educated man who is not bound by hypocratic oath to follow the opinions of drug pushing pharmaceutical companies.

I healed my liver with organic watercress salads. You need it organic, and you need it raw. I grew it from running pond water through a gravel bed that drained back into the pond. This cleans the pond water and grows beautiful watercress. If you buy it from stores it is grown with chemicals and is NOT the same. If you collect it wild you run the risk of liver fluke (even worse for you!) if it is not cooked, when cooked it is not an effective healer, just another green.

You might find an organic supplier of this is the states, not in my country though.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yay for Day 3!!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow guys..Thanks for all your helpful comments..As I read those its now the morning of day 4 for me Im feeling pretty good today.Just slept a lot last night like 11 hours..Not a lot of sweating last night and this AM I actually feel like a person....Wow..keep all the comments coming..I will def have to look for organic water cress..Thanks..you all have a blessed and sober day