Notices

2 months

Old 07-11-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 months

2 months of continuous sobriety today! This means I've had 4 sober months this year. I had a drink at 2 months last time, not this time!

This second month has been much easier than the first. My cravings literally come and go in a few minutes now, as in the first month it was almost constant! I've really felt relief in the last couple of weeks, like a large weight has been lifted from my shoulders. My moodiness and bad moods have settled to only every few days, not every few minutes! I look and feel better physically, I'm more patient and less irritable, more productive and more sociable.

I'm looking forward to the next month being easier again, counting towards 90 days now, I can see why this is a milestone as the sense of relief and freedom the closer u get to 3 months or the further away u get from day 1 is huuuuuge!

Thanx everyone, I read here everyday.

SOBRIETY ROCKS!
Old 07-11-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can see why this is a milestone as the sense of relief and freedom the closer u get to 3 months or the further away u get from day 1 is huuuuuge!
Absolutely! Well done Dointhis!!
Old 07-11-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats great DT! congratulations

D
Old 07-11-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Woohoo—nice work!!!

I'm looking forward to the next month being easier again.
I'm sure it will be, too. Definitely my experience. Still, a year and a half along, I remain prepared for crappy days. If a massive craving washes over me a month from now, a year from now, or 10 years from now, I will not consider it a bad thing, per se. Good days are enjoyable, but I must admit to a perverse sense of satisfaction from staying on track during hard times. Abstinence is it's own reward... Congrats again—you rock!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Awesome work, my friend! Keep up the success!