Notices

Good things from getting sober

Old 07-18-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I wish! We've been trying to get orders to Fort Carson for the longest time. It's so gorgeous there. When you think of mountains, pine trees, hiking, biking, fishing, playing in the snow, hunting, camping. Well that almost defines hubby and I!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Originally Posted by munchkin05 View Post
I wish! We've been trying to get orders to Fort Carson for the longest time. It's so gorgeous there. When you think of mountains, pine trees, hiking, biking, fishing, playing in the snow, hunting, camping. Well that almost defines hubby and I!
I don't think we have spelunking though. Yeah, our terrain would fit you well. Too bad I spent many years wasting away and not appreciating my home state.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Actually you do! Cave of the Winds. My first business trip was in Colorado Springs. Fell in love with CO then. I love the garden of the gods, manitou springs and all. So gorgeous. And the air feels so good and clean there!
Here I have asthma constantly. It's gotten better since I've sobered up and lost weight but it's still bad here during ragweed season.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Ah yes, Cave of the Winds, Garden of the Gods. That area has been hit badly with fires. Not sure how they are faring lately. We planned on going camping this summer, but we've had so many fires everywhere that we are rethinking it. The air quality is not good.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Really? That's sad. Beautiful area. We once tried like mad to do everything to move there but that is one of those military posts that are super hard to get to. Alaska is another one and we lucked out on that one.
I told hubby I have the oddest feeling that Arizona might be in our future. I hate heat, love the winter but I could make it work if I had to. LOL Just to get away from here!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Yeah, fires everywhere. Lots of people lost their homes. And then we got some rain. A lot. But now we are dry again and at risk! I love living in Colorado.