Notices

I'm a girl who KNOWS how to treat herself...

Old 07-10-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm a girl who KNOWS how to treat herself...

Not. LOL.

So today I'm feeling good, I'm into my second week (again) feeling happier, healthier...

Had a great morning with DD, just playing and cooking lunch together. I dropped her at nursery and thought you know what? I'm going to treat myself. I'm going to pop up to the shopping centre and even if it's just a new top, I have some spare money so why not?

I have come home with:

A tin of paint, a paintbrush, some rubber gloves, some washing up liquid and my top treat of all - a new toilet seat!

Useless! But it's made me realise that I'm so not used to buying myself new clothes or treats that I have no idea what I like, what I want, the clothes shop just freaked me out... I just have not bothered with myself at all for these last few years Perhaps I'll start with online shopping!

Oh well my bathroom is going to feel special at least
Old 07-10-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes! Spending "booze" money on tangible items is a great idea! I love to look at things that I've bought with that money... it really gives me a sense of pride that I made the choice to get something nice instead of poisoning myself! Great reminder of yet another reason to stay sober!

Take care
Old 07-10-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
Yes! Spending "booze" money on tangible items is a great idea! I love to look at things that I've bought with that money... it really gives me a sense of pride that I made the choice to get something nice instead of poisoning myself! Great reminder of yet another reason to stay sober!

Take care
Indeed!

Paint instead of new top will also help me out in the evenings. I'm past the going to bed super early stage. I don't want to sit and stare at the TV or computer... Looks like I'll be painting the bathroom! Great stuff
Old 07-10-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
Not. LOL.

So today I'm feeling good, I'm into my second week (again) feeling happier, healthier...

Had a great morning with DD, just playing and cooking lunch together. I dropped her at nursery and thought you know what? I'm going to treat myself. I'm going to pop up to the shopping centre and even if it's just a new top, I have some spare money so why not?

I have come home with:

A tin of paint, a paintbrush, some rubber gloves, some washing up liquid and my top treat of all - a new toilet seat!

Useless! But it's made me realise that I'm so not used to buying myself new clothes or treats that I have no idea what I like, what I want, the clothes shop just freaked me out... I just have not bothered with myself at all for these last few years Perhaps I'll start with online shopping!

Oh well my bathroom is going to feel special at least
I have a feeling we would be great friends if we ever met.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Change4good View Post
I have a feeling we would be great friends if we ever met.
Lol we could go shopping and buy random items together! Who knows - I bet a years worth of booze money would = flight at least!

Hope you are feeling better now. I'll check in here and class later, I'm off to 'prep' my bathroom (ok clean it lol!)