Notices

Gotta love the beer/wine is good for you articles, not!

Old 07-09-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gotta love the beer/wine is good for you articles, not!

Seems like I come across beer/wine is good for health articles more and more. Maybe for earthings. Do people have a clue? Maybe one or two beers or a glass of wine might have some benifits for some folks but one or two for me has no reality unless they're talking every 15 minutes. Well I'm months into no vodka and I do see health outcomes, they just don't make headlines. I still remember ads from the old daze where cigarettes were promoted as calming and good for what ails you. No point to the post but I wonder who researches and funds these health studies? Hope you all are doing well.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Zee

People need educationg. Simple as that!
Because alcoholism has such a stigma attached, nobody is prepared to speak out about it. How all this advertising and glorifying it not only is harmful to your mind and body, it also pisses off the alkis who are trying to avoid it!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think I'm the target audience Fitz
good to see you back, btw

D
Old 07-09-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Zee

A tweet I just read...

BBC Newsnight‏@BBCNewsnight

Cardiologist says Coke & McDonalds sponsoring OIympics is 'obscene' - read his thoughts BBC News - Viewpoint: Ban junk food sponsors from Olympic sports + more on #newsnight at 10.30pm

I suppose they trump smirnoff!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've heard many articles talking about the benefits of daily drinking 1 or 2 beers at most. If you keep reading you'll likely find the articles also say that drinking more than that daily is harmful to deadly.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

doesn t bother me im the one who can t stop but i also know of none who drinks for health reasons lol
Old 08-16-2012, 02:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The antioxidants that are found in red wine are thought to help in the prevention of heart disease, increase the good types of cholesterol which helps to prevent damage to your arteries.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

One or two of almost anything probably has health benefits. The problem is, people like us simply cannot partake. I try not to take it out on the rest of the world; we are simply wired differently. We are doing the right thing by ignoring it and realizing that it's not the case for us.

I know many people who love to drink and can stop after two or three and not think anything of it. That is totally foreign to me - I just can't even imagine that. I just cannot consume alcohol.

Yes, we can get our health benefits in many other ways. Nobody needs alcohol. I love my coffee in the morning, I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, too. And that is more than enough for anyone looking to keep up on antioxidants.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

We can't afford to entertain those articles......jut another person's opinion most of the time.....

Good to see you, Fitz! hug