Notices

really need someone to be kind

Old 07-08-2012, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

really need someone to be kind

Okay so I know it is my fault and know what happened is what I deserve. I know I need to take action to get better but right now I just need support. Today a drug deal went bad and I was stupid. I got punched in the face twice and hit elsewhere and my keys and phone were taken so I was trapped. Physical violence always triggers me towards suicidal thinking and I just needed to say what happened. Again I know I put myself in that position and hate myself. I could really just use some kindness even if you think I'm an idiot.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hardy;
Glad you are here on this website today, thanks for your post. You were smart to reach out here and to let people know what kind of help you need. Hope you start to feel better soon!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hardy, i'm grateful you are here. Things could have gone so much worse. Please know that and be grateful for that too. There will be time tomorrow to evaluate all that happened. You are safe now and amongst friends. You are loved.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bridge Through Time

Im sorry that happened to you, i know that can be very traumatic. You know what though, you're okay, you're alive. Dont go back to that person, better yet dont go back to whatever u were buying.......well i cant say that because im trying to clean up too. You and Me, we both need to leave that life alone, because it obviously sucks! Cmon lets go to the park and play frisbee!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Sorry, I had put myself in harms way many many times over the years of my use. But like it was said your safe now, and came here, great place to be. :ghug3

Hopefully you can come to the spot where you help yourself to a better way of life, and we are here to support you and answer and questions.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((hardy)))

I'm so sorry this happened to you, I think I remember you from before. Our addictions will take us to the most awful places. But there is a way out. We don't have to go back. Im glad to see you posting here!

Love from Lenina
Old 07-08-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks so much everybody. I am crying because I feel so alone and not cared about. Thanks forr the kindness.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Let it out. And know you are not alone. I understand , I put myself thru 20 years of alcohol and drug abuse. I have been homeless,beaten, robbed, held at gun point, jailed, and just left alone too.

Come here as much as you can, and if you like jump on in the chat room,, great place to connect and the hours will fly by.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hardy, we all did some really stupid things but that is not who we are, that is our addiction. I'm grateful your ok. Keep posting, I kinda lived on SR when I first got sober.
You are a gift and don't ever forget it
Old 07-08-2012, 10:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Hardy,

You are. Safe here and loved. We really care about what happens to each and everyone of us. I don't know why but that is how it is.
Each time we put ourselves deeper into this hole, it is more reason to change our lives.

I sincerely hope you can find the strength and conviction to get sober.

love
CaiHong
Old 07-08-2012, 10:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Hi Hardy, I was lucky I never got beat up. Got ripped off more than once. Why not hang here with us,good place to be.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you were hurt Hardy - but people are right - most of us have been in ridiculous dangerous situations....we've been there and luckily we lived to tell the tale.

Lenina is right tho - there are ways out of addiction....

I really hope you'll reach out and get some help now, Hardy...I hope you'll stick around here too

D
Old 07-09-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you went through this hardy. They say everything happens for a reason...I don't know, maybe this awful incident was your wake-up call? You're alive and reaching out for support. I can sure feel all the love being sent your way. Why not make today the start of a new life? You never have to contact drug dealers again.

:ghug3

Best Wishes for a Speedy Recovery!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Grateful AA member

I am sorry you are hurting. Reach out get help and try start a new life.. Thanks for sharing. I hope you are feeling better.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Did you know that you are here
with us for a reason? Why, you
ask....because YOU are worth it.
Special. Just like the countless
members here in SR. are.

Look in the mirror and say those
words to yourself till you believe
it. Because it true.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

If I am trying to get sober, I have got to quit walking down that same street in life. I have got to choose different streets.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by hardy View Post
Okay so I know it is my fault and know what happened is what I deserve. I know I need to take action to get better but right now I just need support. Today a drug deal went bad and I was stupid. I got punched in the face twice and hit elsewhere and my keys and phone were taken so I was trapped. Physical violence always triggers me towards suicidal thinking and I just needed to say what happened. Again I know I put myself in that position and hate myself. I could really just use some kindness even if you think I'm an idiot.
Sorry for your troubles, hardy. Like others are saying, we've all been somewhere, and things went bad to worse.

Being at fault is not a great way to move forward from these experiences. Being responsible is such a better way to work through these kind of things. Guilt has very little use in real life, except in courts of law.

We're all responsible for our actions, and you can of course do better than what has just happened. Blaming ourselves is not the same as being responsible. We're also not stupid. Hating ourselves only brings us to our knees in disgrace and confusion, and sets us up for the next unneeded and unwanted catastrophy. We're all worthy of love and forgiveness, even when we don't think, feel, or even believe ourselves worthy.

Be well, hardy. The very fact you're asking for some simple, supportive warmth, shows abundantly you'd much rather love yourself than hate yourself. Smart move.

A life without alcohol and drugs is a life that is totally awesome and cool, tons of fun, and love is the whole deal which empowers us to have a great day, day after day. Don't give up, you can do this too!

Old 07-09-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hardy View Post
Thanks so much everybody. I am crying because I feel so alone and not cared about. Thanks forr the kindness.
You are not alone. You are loved and we care
about you.