Notices

Fear setting in a bit, nearly through a full day

Old 07-08-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fear setting in a bit, nearly through a full day

Not sure why but i've just started feeling very paranoid and isolated, usually I can turn to family but i've relapsed and upset them so many times now that it's out of the question, any close by friends are drinking partners. Ony drank for 6 days during this relapse and not morning to night every day so i'm sure I'm not going into bad DT's, probably just self pity and remorse.....wish I could jump round to my mums or something because this flat is where I do or did all of my drinking.....I hate it just now, and I feel a bit trapped
Old 07-08-2012, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.

It's normal to have feelings like this in the first few days. Don't fight them. Just don't drink. Do anything to take your mind off it-watch tv, read, drink water, go to bed. Or just stay here on SR and chat. you can do this and it does get better
Old 07-08-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hexipuff

Justhadenough is spot on

It is normal to feel as you are. Keep busy. Make some tea and keep logged into SR.
I found doing something practical helped even if it was just chores. I set myself little milestones. Clean the bathroom, then you can sit down with a a cup of tea and chat on SR for example. That way I got a little bit more tired with doing something and rewarded myself. Sounds stupid doesn't it but it got me through the first couple of days until I felt a little more human.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Eunectes

I'm sorry you feel low...but like others have said I think it's pretty common. If it's a nice day I found getting outside really helped.

I got sober in the same little flat I used to get drunk in, so it's possible. We're the ones who have to change not necessarily our surrounds

I repaired a lot of relationships too once I repaired myself - stick to the latter for now tho, maybe?

There's a ton of support here- you're not alone...keep moving forward

D
Old 07-08-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies, I took the dog for a walk, then made some rice when I got in, helped the racing head a bit. I am really concerned for my mum though, my behaviour is having a terrible affect on her. I sent a text to let her know the dog was ok and to thank her for looking after her for a couple of days, and asked her to text just so I know she's ok and then I wouldn't bother her, and i've had no reply. I can't stop worrying I might have made her really ill or much worse this time
Old 07-08-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

She may be busy, her cell may be out of credit, she may have it switched off...there could be a million valid reasons why she hasn't replied

Nevertheless I hope you hear from your mum soon to set your mind at ease

D
Old 07-08-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Sorry to hear of your relapse but it takes some of us many attempts. Feeling low and depressed is totally normal. You can do it.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thankfully, you'll never have to go through this again, once you get back on track. Understandably, your emotions are all over the place right now. You've disappointed yourself, but you've learned something valuable too. Taking a chance on 'having a few' is never going to be worth the price we pay.

Hoping all is well with your mom. I've hurt and confused my family, too - but eventually everyone recognized that I was healing and getting well. There will be a happy ending, Eunectes.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've eaten like a pig today now, the amount of rice I consumed there! Anyway, thanks, she may just have went to stay with a friend or something, and if she isn't going to reply I guess I need to accept that, as I can't change it, i'll need to just do my best for me and my animals just now, that's all I can do. I'm glad I found this forum. I have some valerian root, so hopefully that will help me sleep, and then I can get back in about this recovery stuff tomorrow, that's nearly 24 hours since I poured the booze out, and it's been hard today, but here's hoping that's most of it out of my system and the craving will have mostly subsided. The dreaded conversation will have to be had with my sponsor tomorrow, god we had only just read the doctors opinion.....hopefully I can still go there tomorrow. Cheers guys
Old 07-08-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Just hang in there. Could you read, or take a walk, or even watch you favorite movie? anything to take your mind off? Take it minute by minute if you have too. Alcohol does NOT need to rule your life.