Notices

Drinking buddy vs. friend

Old 07-08-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

I agree with everyone, but this is not my post so I didn't read them all, but I really related to Kava, and a few others.

It has been hard on me, releasing everyone from my life, but I know it is the only way for me to kick this habit of mine.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I just joined today, still trying to find my way around the site....i want to become sober, cant say I am yet. My best friends are heavy drinkers, i wish I could say that i can continue to hang out with them, have fun and not drink, but i think I cant.I hate to lose them. my husband quit drinking last November, and I have noticed that they do not invite us to gatherings as much since then...its tough, I really do not want to lose them, but I do not see how we can continue to be around each other without drinking....
Old 07-08-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Whimarde Start a new thread to introduce yourself if you like...there's a tag on the top left of the newcomers forum.

I'm sure if you're friends are real friends they'll stick around but it might take some time for them to adjust x