Notices

I know I'm overreacting, but GAH!

Old 07-07-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrsKing View Post
I understand it's not 'important', which is why I apologised for this being a useless post... but sometimes it's nice to be able to discuss things with people who may have been in the same situation when you're feeling low about something.
It is important and it is not a useless post. I feel terrible that you were made to feel badly but glad that you posted to get support and glad because it reminds me that I may have to face this type of thing someday and I will need to be prepared.

So thank you!
Old 07-07-2012, 06:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

That used to happen to me even when still drinking, the difference is now that i can't really drink away the unhappy situation that was being created by this person that wants to resurect the past. I've all but given up on my friends and have thought of a geographical fix, but the stronger me says i can face my deamons and eventually things will settle down (as they allway have) f em, right? your organs will out live theirs..
Old 07-07-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

First, sending you a big hug

This is not a "useless" post. These kinds of things happen and I think it's great that you shared it with us...that's what we're all here for...to support each other....especially during those cringe-worthy moments.

It's tough because we're feeling so good about our accomplishments and then something like that happens. Don't let this define you...that's NOT who you are.

Remember....you don't do those things anymore

Kudos Laurie. Love that response
Old 07-07-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

OP, this should be a good reminder on how you were when drunk. Yea it was not nice but sometime the past will come up to bite you.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good for you for leaving and congrats on 3 months and 1 week!
Old 07-07-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I had something kind of similar happen where an embarassing incident i was involved in while i was drunk got brought up. My friends are very kind and underdtanding about my sobriety and it's a fluke that this was brought up but i got embarassed and wanted to crawl into a hole. It happens and it may happen again. What is important is that we remember that we have grown up from that. We are not bound by the same demon that led us to do those things.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:24 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Don't have much to add to what has been written except to say, MrsKing, you rock! Onward!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Guys... thank you SO much! You don't know how much it means to me. The support and kindness here never fails to surprise me... you are all such lovely people and I appreciate your comments so much.

Laurie, that's a great come back. If I have the balls I'll use it

I woke up this morning with a really bad cold, feel dreadful! I'm wondering whether maybe that was why I was feeling rather sensitive last night... but either way, I'm very lucky to be able to come here and vent - thanks so much guys. Want to reply to all of you but I feel terrible, so I think it's back to bed for me.

Hugs and thanks to all of you! I feel so much better about it all now. xxx
Old 07-08-2012, 12:40 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Mrs. King,
I really question people's motives for bringing up past incidents. As I become more sober I am seeing a lot more clearly that people have their hidden agendas and resentments, now I am learning how to deal with it and not take their crap on board as well as dealing with my own.
You are going so well keep it up.

Love
caiHong
Old 07-08-2012, 01:08 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I find the exhuming of drunken escapades excruciating in the moment but at least they reinforce why I don't drink. "That's why this is a cranberry juice, you dck!" But I had one guy who said to me, "Come on, you weren't that bad, you just needed to cut down a bit," and that was worse. I looked at my cranberry juice as though we were on the most mismatched blind date ever, and I was thinking, "What am I doing with you? I should be with that sexy beer over there."

So yeah, at the risk of sounding awkward, MrsKing, I'd say that we need the occasional embarrassing-drunk-story-guy in our lives. The good lord gave us embarrassing-drunk-story-guy in order that we might be more determined in treading the sober path we have chosen for ourselves. He's the reason we're doing what we're doing.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:38 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

You're right, MarkstheSpot... aside from it being disheartening and upsetting, it definitely reminds me that I've made the right decision and there's no going back now, ever. It's not great but it's definitely a reminder that being drunk results in not so great things..!