Notices

Rock bottom

Old 07-07-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Roselian, we don't hate you. You're just a knot we're trying to untangle, lol. We want to help. We're here for you.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's a lot of good advice here Roselian - and in the other thread too.

If I can share one thing from my history it's that the longer you leave doing something about this the worse it gets.

I had all these things I didn't want to lose, so I made no changes to my life...and then drinking took them away anyway.

You can avoid that - but you need to do something now - whether it's AA, SMART, RR, or some other recovery group, or seeing a Dr, or counselling, or rehab....

This is your life here - don't fight for it half heartedly or with one hand tied behind your back.

Give it everything you have, Roselian

D
Old 07-07-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have gone through medical detox, 90 day inpatient rehab, outpatient counseling and AA.

The best social workers I encountered in my recovery were recovered social workers!

They made the most sense to me. They walked the walk I did before me, and they were the best.

Please don't let what other people think get in your way.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Roselian, I think some of the depression you're feeling might come from the alcohol. I don't know about you, but everytime I drank when I was upset, I became a thousand times more upset.

I think you'll feel better in the morning. I certainly hope so in any case.

Your stepdad sound like a pretty interesting... creature. If you don't mind a bit of advice, I strongly suggest that you neither ask nor accept any help from him in the future (unless it's a matter of life and death).

Whenever you accept felp from someone, you automatically feel like you owe that person something. This is very easy to manipulate, and I think that's what he's doing.

You described him as "helpful". I think he just helps you out with some things so that you feel you owe him to keep him in your life even though it doesn't seem like you want (or need) him in it.

All the best.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Rose...Please call the number I gave you. They are wonderful people, who understand and will help you get through this. Don't worry about dates , times, etc.....just reach out and get some support. The alcohol is making everything worse....it's time Rose IMHO. :ghug3
Old 07-07-2012, 05:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Grateful AA member

Hi, I am sorry you are feeling so bad and dealing with such an uncomfortable situation. As you may already know drinking will intensify feelings of depression and suicidal thoughts. Is there a way you can reach out and try get some therapy this could help you heal. If you want to stop drink I do suggest try out an AA meeting and gain support network. If you need anyone to talk to I am here you can message me privately. I hope you are staying safe and feeling better.