Notices

Here Onion

Old 07-07-2012, 12:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here Onion

Someone who isn't me had almost a year of sobriety, went through the steps, and started doing heroin again. It's been a terrible feeling. It feels as though SWIM is lying to everyone they love. SWIM stopped going to meetings because SWIM is in his early twenties and wants to be able to hangout with his friends. Message me if you want to talk.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

mr swim need help to detox there's no way really but to get help
if mr swim keeps it up his family and friends WILL find out its it's alot better they find out by him going to get help than from his falling apart i know whatit's like to be the wrong one
i've been on a range of things. you gotta be there for swim support him encrouge him to want to enter into helpful hands you can help him get the help he so clearly needs
Old 07-07-2012, 01:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi heynonymous

I battled with alcohol but I spent a long time battling between wanting to be normal... and knowing I wasn't.

I wish I had accepted the need to do something about my problem many many years before I did.

There's a lot of support here and we're very mindful of peoples privacy

We also have a substance abuse forum where one can find other threads from people in similar situations

Welcome to SR
Old 07-07-2012, 03:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Heynonomus View Post
SWIM stopped going to meetings because SWIM is in his early twenties and wants to be able to hangout with his friends.
SWIM has to decide if he wants to use with his friends or get clean with recovered addicts....Nobody can decide that for SWIM.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Swim uses alone. Swim spends most of his time alone, and reached out to some buddies in a 12 step program. Swim is 23, and last experience with AA was a 30 year old member pretending to be swim's friend, taking him to the bar and roofie-ing him to pick up girls.. It's been a messed up life though I don't feel sorry for myself. Swim tells that story to explain why he might have a bit of hesitation going to twelve step meetings..
Old 07-08-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I''m not in AA but I think it's important to differentiate those who say they're in the program, and the programme itself - getting roofied up, and trawling for girls in bars is not one of the 12 steps....

Nevertheless I understand why someone could have a reluctance after that experience and there are a multitude of non 12 step approaches.

here's some links to some of the main players (including but not limited to AA):

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

I also recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach

D