Notices

Drink to i am wasted!

Old 07-05-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drink to i am wasted!

HI my name is Marcus. I am really getting tired of drinking myself to the oblivion! I drink like once every 2 weeks sometime 3 weeks but when I drink I get hammered to were i dont remember anything. I drank Tues, July 3rd and I heard from friends that I passed out twice. I HATE passing out. I am upset with myself because I didnt get to spend July 4th with the family. I dont know if I consider myself an alcoholic but right now I regret everything and wish I could do it all over again and be with the family. I wish there was a way I could control it. Sorry to blabber away but I feel I can't talk to anyone about it.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

I feel ya. I didn't drink all that often either, but when I did I went all out. Blackout stupid wasted. That feeling of regret is the worst feeling.

I am now 65 days sober and in AA. Honestly, it is difficult to sober up as a binge drinker bc the weeks between binges you feel fine...but remember you aren't. That awful hammered drunk is just waiting.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Marcus..You can talk to us...We've been there.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Binge drinker here as well. It's not how often we drank but what happens to us when we put alcohol in the system. If we have little control of how much we take in we are most likely alcoholic. I had times when I could control it but that was no fun and when I had fun with it I couldn't control it and that led to despair. Good luck and keep posting.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Marcus, you've taken the first step by reaching out, you'll find a ton of support here from people who have been and are where you are at. There are a great many resources you can research on this forum to find a support system to help you accomplish your goal of getting and staying sober for example, AA, AVRT, etc. Good luck, keep posting and let us know how you are coming along.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

I can't drink like other people, that is the bottom line for me.

I have learned to look at my sobriety as I am just going to stay sober for today. When I use to look at how am I going to stay sober the rest of my life???? i now only say to myself, Just for today I am going to stay sober.

I have a bad allergy to alcohol that some may or may not have, it is up to others to figure it out for themselves, I have it.

I got into AA, for the umpteenth time, and it finally worked for me this time. A light bulb went off, and I finally got it. I am not doing everything perfect, as I am learning, but I am trying. I now have 6 months, and I remember everything I did yesterday, I am not waking up with a hangover, and I feel rested when I sleep.

The important thing for me is that I had to quit looking at the rest of my life and just take it day by day.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think that is what I need to do. I got wasted on Tuesday and right now I am still feeling the effects. Mainly I need to stop buying 12packs and 18packs and just buy a 6pack tallboys and make it just that. I dont know if I want to quit cold turkey, I just want to control it like a normal person does. What is normal though, I know people like to get wasted at times but not all the time they pick up a drink.

Hangovers are the worse and I can't stand them. Thank you all for listening and I will remain in these forums for quite a while.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Welcome Marcus. You are among others exactly like you. We are here to talk. =)
Old 07-05-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

"We do not like to pronounce any individual as alcoholic, but you can quickly diagnose yourself. Step over to the nearest barroom and try some controlled drinking. Try to drink and stop abruptly. Try it more than once. It will not take long for you to decide, if you are honest with yourself about it. It may be worth a bad case of the jitters if you get a full knowledge of your condition. " pg. 31 BB

That I tried over and over to drink "normally" all of it , not drinking in the morning,at work , counting how many, and on and on. I cant do it, once I have a sip I want more and more.

Just my thought.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

The label is not important. It's what happens to us when we drink and how horrible it makes us feel about ourselves.

You've come to the right place to find support and information.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Man you guys are awesome. I am going to do this. Next time I buy beer it will be only 6. I will be able to remember everything the next day. I just want to control it and not do dumb things.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It's a good time to stop drinking. Only you will get yourself out of this cycle. Learn your triggers and urges and things will get easier. Good luck with your recovery.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I know how you feel. I am okay until that first drink. Then I am out of control. Gotta say no to the first drink. Most of the time I am okay but sometimes I really crave a that feeling. That sucks, craving that feeling.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I know that craving. What I normally do is go for a run or work out. But I am not going to stop cold turkey. I have to limit myself. Be a man marcus and stop when you are ready. 6 beers should be it.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by marcusva79 View Post
6 beers should be it.
If you are anything like me...I'm an alcoholic by the way...That six beers will 18 to 20 in less than two weeks...Maybe less than one.....Why don't you see if you can stop for good for 90 days?....If you can do that without any problems...You got nothing to worry about...If you can't do it...Or you're a basket case without it....Then you're probably just like me. Give it a shot...Let us know how it's working out.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Being a binge drinker is difficult because I dont drink on the regular. The time in between my binges seems to "heal" me and give me a false sense that I can controll my drinks... But everytime I drink I end up feeling terrible about something. This is why I am not going to drink today forever.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
If you are anything like me...I'm an alcoholic by the way...That six beers will 18 to 20 in less than two weeks...Maybe less than one.....Why don't you see if you can stop for good for 90 days?....If you can do that without any problems...You got nothing to worry about...If you can't do it...Or you're a basket case without it....Then you're probably just like me. Give it a shot...Let us know how it's working out.
See the things is someone gave me that goal and said I couldnt do. The thing is I did I actually lost 15 lbs and was snappier. I just want to control it.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by marcusva79 View Post
See the things is someone gave me that goal and said I couldnt do. The thing is I did I actually lost 15 lbs and was snappier. I just want to control it.
If you can control it...What are you doing here?
Old 07-05-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Contol on being the binge drinker and being responsible. I dont want to be the idiot that passes out all the time and has to drink to the last beer is gone. I know there is people out that is like me and could have tips to control it and be normal.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome Marcus.

I wish you luck.

I tried for 25 years to control it before finally admitting I couldn't.

It's a miracle I lived through it.

Admitting I was an alcoholic and that I am powerless over alcohol is the best thing I have ever done.

Being an alcoholic, even though I said I wanted to control it, I never did, because I never really saw the point of having "just a few".

To me, that just seemed like having sex until it started to feel good and then stopping. What's the point?

Life, for me, is SO much better without alcohol, and all of the problems it brings.

I pray you are not an alcoholic, but if you decide you might be, you are in the right place. Welcome to SR!