Notices

Drink to i am wasted!

Old 07-05-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by marcusva79 View Post
Contol on being the binge drinker and being responsible. I dont want to be the idiot that passes out all the time and has to drink to the last beer is gone. I know there is people out that is like me and could have tips to control it and be normal.
I mean honestly...You have to figure...If there were idiots that drank till they passed out and all their beer was gone...(Sounds a lot like me by the way)...
Do you think they would be here handing out tips on how to control it?...They'd be out controlling it....Right?
Old 07-05-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Here is my problem Marcus...I have no control over when I'm going to start to drink...And when I start...I have no control of when I'm going to stop. Does that sound familiar?
Old 07-05-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Marcus!

I'm glad you're here and taking a look at your drinking - that's a big step for most of us.

I never thought of myself as an alcoholic either, but wondered why I couldn't seem to stop drinking once I started. I always wanted "just one more" no matter how many I'd had - it was like a craving that got stronger the more I drank. Still, I always thought I'd be able to control it "the next time." Rinse and repeat. If it's that way for you, too, you're not alone.

I think you'll learn a lot here and gets lots of support, too - I sure have!
Old 07-05-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

If there was an all you drink then maybe. I have not idea what I am until I need to realize if I can control it. There has been times that have stopped and just got up and left. My real test will at the end of the month when my bday is around. I have a family and would rather spend my day with them then be hungover. But the temptation is going to be theere. Never had a sober bday.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Never had a sober bday.
I never did either...Till this year. You got to start somewhere.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I know that is what I am looking foward to. Not getting any younger hahah.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I can promise you this stuff doesn't get better Marcus...Only worse...Put some serious thought into what you are doing.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks brotha. What are you thinking I should do? I am not gonna let this thing beat me. I know it is not gonna get any easier.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Just my $.02 marcus -- I did the exercise of "controlling" it, to try to prove I didn't have a problem. So I would feel Big because maybe 3 or 4 or 5 times, I could stop at one or two drinks. Yay for me, right? Ahhhh, NO. Because the next time out, I'd get completely blotto, and soon I'd be back to my usual drinking pattern, which was drink til blackout.

It's a slippery slope. First it's just one, then it's just two or three, then it's just ALL of it.

I had to really face up to it that even if I am "successful" at having a normal amount, it's only a matter of time before I revert to abusing alcohol again.

I think what you're proposing is that for the rest of your life, you will ALWAYS STOP after one or two. Right? If that's what you are capable of, then just do it. Shouldn't be a problem. If not, then maybe reconsider what's going on with you.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

You are exactly right samantha. Right to the T. I just want to control and not let this crap beat me. I know there are others that cant and others that can.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

You are exactly right samantha. Right to the T. I just want to control and not let this crap beat me. I know there are others that cant and others that can.
Let me know when you find the ones that can Marcus...I haven't met one yet. Two things I have learned in my long life as an alcoholic.

Normal drinkers never discuss or think about how much they drink.
And my life was consumed with it...Everything I did or didn't do revolved around alcohol.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:52 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Man you guys are awesome. I am going to do this. Next time I buy beer it will be only 6. I will be able to remember everything the next day. I just want to control it and not do dumb things.
One step at a time Marcus. Good luck. We are here for you.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:58 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Trying to control your drinking and planing out your drinks is not normal. Just something to think about.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:40 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks brotha. What are you thinking I should do? I am not gonna let this thing beat me. I know it is not gonna get any easier.
Do what you have to do to stop for good.....Because it will beat you. And one day you will turn around and look back and say...What the hell happened to me?
Old 07-06-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I too am a binge drinker. I got hung up on the well at least I don't drink every day or I don't drink the hard stuff - but 9/10 times when I did drink - it was to blackout and would drink for for a day or three. So I'd spend few days recovering - maybe one day feeling good, then back at it. So if I wasn't drinking I was recovering from it or thinking of it. And yes sometimes I could control it too - but sooner or later, I always binged. SR is a great place with supportive people who know what it's like
Old 07-06-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Some good replies in this thread.

I know what you're getting at Marcus, you're trying to find a way of boozing, but under control. I think like this. Its like you cant see your life without booze.
Life would be boring without booze, I agree. I cant imagine hanging out with friends and family and not joining in and having a few beers.

I just cant imagine it.

But sadly i'm slowly begining to see that this may have to be the way, Like some have said, it'll start with a few, then within a week or 2 things will start going pear shaped.

I might start taking drugs instead lol
Old 07-06-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Marcus

I tried for 20 years to control my drinking...you'd think after 20 years I would have realised *it* was controlling *me* ...(and the same went for drugs for me, Russ)

Welcome to SR for you both - you'll find a lot of support & ideas here

D