SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New Here (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/261462-new-here.html)

pauline 07-04-2012 08:47 AM

New Here

Have you ever been totally scared of the alcoholic and the non=alcoholic. Are there many people here? Posts seem to be far apart.

Galita 07-04-2012 08:48 AM

Welcome.....:)

SamanthaIam 07-04-2012 08:54 AM

Not sure what your question is, but yeah, I've been scared of everything! :) Also, there are lots of people here and so many helpful stories and advice. Welcome.

aeo1313 07-04-2012 09:06 AM

There are many people here and posting every minute.

Welcome

desertsong 07-04-2012 09:10 AM

There is always someone here, Pauline. We are a large and diverse group but are still like one big family. Glad you're here with us. :)

Sapling 07-04-2012 09:13 AM

Glad you found us pauline...Have a safe and sober fourth!

CarolD 07-04-2012 09:15 AM

Welcome...:wavey:

Are you the drinker or is it a loved one who drinks?

lifewithoutbooz 07-04-2012 09:16 AM

Welcome Pauline! There are lots of people here to help and to listen. Keep posting!

pauline 07-04-2012 10:51 AM

Someone said I should post my story. Here is just a part of it. I was born. I am the product of rape. I slept on a park bench when I was 3 in the rain. My father kidnapped me from my mother. I ended up in foster care. My mother in the 40's had 2 kids at 19.
Trauma has been the major part of my life. I had a child who died. I had a mother-in-law who hung herself. I had someone who stabbed my dog.

desertsong 07-04-2012 10:58 AM

I am so sorry you have had a life of such pain. I can't possibly relate but can only offer you my support and a listening ear. I feel for you. I know we all do. Let us help where we can.

IndaMiricale 07-04-2012 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by desertsong (Post 3473574)
I am so sorry you have had a life of such pain. I can't possibly relate but can only offer you my support and a listening ear. I feel for you. I know we all do. Let us help where we can.

Welcome to a great society of people to talk to.

HitRockBottom70 07-04-2012 11:04 AM

Wow, that sounds like a lot to deal with. It is so sad that you had that happen to you. People can be very cruel. How have you been dealing with it? What is going on in your life now? do you have any support? I welcome you here, it is a great source of many people from around the world.

artsoul 07-04-2012 11:35 AM

Welcome Pauline -

I'm so sorry for what's happened to you and the pain you must be carrying. Have you ever gotten counseling to help you deal with it? Childhood trauma is a really common factor in alcohol/substance abuse. It wasn't clear from your first post how alcohol fits into the picture, but we're here to help and listen. :ghug3

2granddaughters 07-04-2012 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by pauline (Post 3473562)
Someone said I should post my story. Here is just a part of it. I was born. I am the product of rape. I slept on a park bench when I was 3 in the rain. My father kidnapped me from my mother. I ended up in foster care. My mother in the 40's had 2 kids at 19.
Trauma has been the major part of my life. I had a child who died. I had a mother-in-law who hung herself. I had someone who stabbed my dog.

Pauline, are you an alcoholic? Are you going to AA ? Are you in therapy?

It sounds like you've got a few things on your plate to deal with.. looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best.

Bob R