SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   My HP was working for me tonight (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/261317-my-hp-working-me-tonight.html)

aeo1313 07-02-2012 04:55 PM

My HP was working for me tonight

The topic of tonight's meeting was about the honeymoon period and much of what was said related to how I have been feeling this past week of thinking I don't need AA anymore- I have it all figured out.

Also at the meeting was the woman I wanted to ask to be my new sponsor. I asked her and she said yes and I am so excited to start working with her!!! Now I need to call my old one and break up...

2granddaughters 07-02-2012 04:57 PM

Coincidences ?? ..... I think not.

You can make that call.

All the best.

Bob R

Anna 07-02-2012 05:06 PM

I'm glad things are going well. :)

Sapling 07-02-2012 05:11 PM

It's always nice when you hear what you need to hear and see who you need to see aeo...Sounds like a great meeting!

DisplacedGRITS 07-02-2012 05:49 PM

I'm really happy for you aeo. You have been much on my mind. I was really worried that i was going to see you posting a relapse thread at some point and my heart was going out to you. I can't tell you how gladdened i am by your post. I've recently been in the same situation where i felt that i no longer needed meetings or AA or step work and it took my husband giving me the hairy eyeball and telling me i was a relapse waiting to happen for me to see what was going on. You're a strong soul and a wise one. Keep up the great work.

aeo1313 07-02-2012 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS (Post 3471248)
I'm really happy for you aeo. You have been much on my mind. I was really worried that i was going to see you posting a relapse thread at some point and my heart was going out to you. I can't tell you how gladdened i am by your post. I've recently been in the same situation where i felt that i no longer needed meetings or AA or step work and it took my husband giving me the hairy eyeball and telling me i was a relapse waiting to happen for me to see what was going on. You're a strong soul and a wise one. Keep up the great work.

I think about so many of you all as well during the day. It's funny how people we don't know in "real" life can be such a lifesaver! I also spend time wondering what you all look like and if I were to see you and talk to you if I'd be able to place you.

artsoul 07-02-2012 06:07 PM

Some of my best days followed my worst ones. Give yourself a pat on the back for going to a meeting - so glad the way things worked out!:ghug3

CaiHong 07-02-2012 06:17 PM

Aeo,

I am so glad to read your post and that you are back on track. As you know I don't get to many meeting but I am lining up to go to a new one about 50 kms away.

This will be my home group and I too and hoping to get stuck into step work.

Love
CaiHong