Notices

AA beiginners meeting

Old 07-02-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
getting there

AA beiginners meeting

Has anyone been to an AA beginners meeting? How is it different from a normal AA meeting? I'm thinking of going to one tonight.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Right on, not to much different at all. Simply people there as in a "regular" meeting to kinda walk with you thru it. thats all. Usually the beginner meeting is people in or just out of rehab. But i attend one beginner here often, and I have been attending daily for over a year.

Tell us how you liked it.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've never heard of a beginners-specific meeting...but that said, I've been the "newbie" a couple times at meetings (because I screwed up a lot, LOL) and people are extremely welcoming and nice.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Our Home Group always has a 1st Step table along with other tables for the newcomer.

You will feel right at home in no time.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 07-02-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We have beginners meetings here in Florida...They are run and attended by members with some time that share with the newcomers...We usually keep the topic to the first three steps and allow the newcomers to share if they want to. I recommend it if you are new...My first meeting I went to one...Now I go back to the same one to give back what was fo freely given to me. Here is a great site that gives an overview of meetings...

Your First AA Meeting<
Old 07-02-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

My local church holds regular beginner's meetings. They often focus on the first 3 steps or are discussion groups where you can just talk about a topic, or whatever you need to say. not much different than other meetings, though. Just go, you'll be with new and "old" people!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I regularly go to beginner meetings...went to one tonight. I also go to one every Sunday. They are not much different than regular meetings. I guess there are more newcomers but at least half aren't. They do however have a weekly rotation of topics that they adhere to. Other meetings I go to aren't meant for beginners but they go back to step one if there are any at the meeting for the first time or two.