Notices

Not Sure

Old 07-02-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

i used to drink before i went out as i have such low self esteem when sober that i didnt wanna look like boring fart when i first went out, i always wanted to look naturally confident but really people werent meeting the true me they where always experiencing the drunk me. iv always said i would love to be as confident sober as what i am drunk so im praying rehab will help me with this. iv even had people say they prefer me drunk as i talk to people but this is probablys because i bottle so much up when sober through not having the confidence to talk that once iv had a drink it all comes pouring out and to be honest i hate it, i hate the fact that i have to be pissed to talk to people and im hopeful that rehab will help me be confident without drink
Old 07-05-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So apperently the 4th of July was the wrong time to decide to quit drinking. Wound up binging big time. Probably around 20 beers. I do have a questions. Does anyone ever feel really depressed and/or anxious almost to the point of feeling mentally after a long binge. This last for about 3 or 4 days with me, everytime I really drink a lot.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NEPA View Post
Does anyone ever feel really depressed and/or anxious almost to the point of feeling mentally after a long binge. This last for about 3 or 4 days with me, everytime I really drink a lot.
My last binge lasted about two years...I didn't feel like I was on any winning streak when I got done with that.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

First there is no wrong time to quit!!!! Just sounds to me that you had no plan or support network.

As far as depression after a binge that is totally normal.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yes i do. I have been drinking alot every night for a while now. I feel extremely anxious the next day which in then I drink again and the cycle feeds on eachother. For me that is just one of the many reasons i havent quit. Very bad cycle. I went camping and i purposely did not pack alcohol. I didnt drink in three days and i felt better. I got home, drank that night and feel like crap again. We just dont learn it seems. At least for me.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It's enough to drive you nuts. After a binge I am one person you don't want to cross, miserable, cranky, emotional, don't care what I say to people.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Sobriety = shamelessness. Good to have you with us!
Old 07-05-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

So apperently the 4th of July was the wrong time to decide to quit drinking. Wound up binging big time. Probably around 20 beers. I do have a questions. Does anyone ever feel really depressed and/or anxious almost to the point of feeling mentally after a long binge. This last for about 3 or 4 days with me, everytime I really drink a lot.
You're definitely NOT alone. Until I came here to SR and started reading posts from others, I thought I was the only one who became depressed and anxious. I never seemed to get hangovers, but I sure had panic-overs! Talk about feeling severely mentally ill! Plus, until I stopped I didn't want to fully see the direct correlation. There were days I refused to leave the house, even paying someone to go take my dog out for a walk because I couldn't face another human. So glad I'm here, sober, and finally able to consistently wake up without an instant anxiety attack. Stick around - you'll find incredible support here. I know it's making a huge difference for me.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yes, when it wore off, I was depressed. Or angry. Good grief did I have a short temper when the drink wore off. Really didn't like myself.

Since I quit, I still get angry, but it doesn't fester like it used to. And it doesn't lead to me feeling guilty and miserable for ages either. So that's good.

And no, there is no good time to quit drinking. Something will always happen that will set you off if you let it.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I get anxiety after a heavy drinking day. But I know its from the booze. I don't know why I keep doing it to myself! Cause I know the next day im gonna have anxiety, But I still drink anyway. SUcks!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:32 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Well did it again this last week. Started on the fourth of july with 2 twelve packs and some mixed drinks, had only 3 or 4 on Thursday, the Friday I drank a bottle of wine and about 2 1/2 six packs. Saturday I drank about 7 beers to recover. Now I am feeling like S**T again. I think the last weekend is it for me. I'm miserable today, sweating, can't concentrate, anxious, didn't want to wake up this morning. The said part is I have know clue if these are withdrawls or not as I never really go more than 3 days without a drink anymore. So I am done. I would like to eventually be able to socially drink again, but if I can't then I guess I can't. We will see.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Member of SMART Recovery

Well did it again this last week. Started on the fourth of july with 2 twelve packs and some mixed drinks, had only 3 or 4 on Thursday, the Friday I drank a bottle of wine and about 2 1/2 six packs. Saturday I drank about 7 beers to recover. Now I am feeling like S**T again. I think the last weekend is it for me. I'm miserable today, sweating, can't concentrate, anxious, didn't want to wake up this morning. The said part is I have know clue if these are withdrawls or not as I never really go more than 3 days without a drink anymore. So I am done. I would like to eventually be able to socially drink again, but if I can't then I guess I can't. We will see.
NEPA, that is a lot of drinking, and a lot of misery. Clearly you are not having any fun here. I'm not a betting person, but if I were, I'd bet you haven't had any real fun drinking in a long time. The good news is that you don't need to live this way. Life CAN be fun again.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I do have the occasional good time lol. But People have been telling me lately that when I drink, that I seem miserable or pissed off. Excuse my language. But yea, usually I wake up either feeling poorly or regretting things I did the night before. What's really annoying is the more I think about quitting the more I think about drinking. When I didn't think about quitting I never thought about drinking.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi NEPA. Over time, I evolved into a miserable, argumentative drinker. It was once fun and relaxing - but in the end, I was anxious and irritated. I could never get enough in my system to make me feel happy or high. I was determined to find a way to make it feel good again, never realizing I couldn't turn back the clock to a time when it was manageable. That was decades ago. As you said, te regrets and feeling lousy - it's just not worth it anymore.

Glad you are taking a look at what it's doing to you. Wish it hadn't taken me so long.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:07 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Ok guys, I've been having night terrors the past few days. Waking up, sweating, heart pounding, thinking there is someone standing over my bed. I wake up either swinging, throwing my pillows or I jump out of bed almost running away. Anyone else experience this. I don't know if im withdrawling or going nuts. I have had these during the week before, but never on the weekends (usually heavy drinking time). I don't know if that has something to do with it.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:34 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Just offering support. I'm a newbie at this, here but I DO know that alcohol makes my anxiety and depression tons worse. It takes me at least two days of not drinking before I can shake it. I paid attention to this the last couple times I decided to stop. Unfortunately-I start feeling better and then I reach for a beer (ora glass of wine or a vodka tonic). This time, though, I'm not going to feel better and think I AM better. I'm not.

It seems really supportive here. I think you can do it if you truly want it and are willing to ask us for help before you give into the urge. I keep telling myself-there will be no regrets to staying sober, however, there will most certainly be regrets if I pick up that drink. If not tomorrow, eventually. There always are.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:42 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Welcome,

What you are describing sounds a whole lot like alcoholism. It reminds me of me. One other thing, you're not feeling hangovers for multiple days - what you're feeling is withdrawal from alcohol.

For me, I always knew I had an issue with booze but it wasn't until I stopped that I could honestly see how bad it was.

I found a solution in aa.

Best of luck.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

did you see a Dr NEPA?

D