Notices

hey again

Old 07-01-2012, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hey again

Just wanting a vent. IV been holding back recently on going bk to a meeting. As some of U might remember I went last year and sustained a good price of time and gained self respect and strength again.
I have been lazy, im one drink away from utter calamity and madness that I know I have to stop. The soul crushin gut wrenchin horrible few days after a binge, when the head is dazy i make the confession im a mess i need help. I wouldn't normally fight with three guys thinking im big. Wouldt go knockin on doors a six am looking for cocaine. lose money take drugs and then suffer the next week of withdrawels and utter self loathing.
I know how good being sober is iv just been slipping but one thing im getting now is this cat can't drink. I'm going head first into this sobriety after i smoke the rest of the pot I've got here. I needed the pot to keep off the withdrawels and it helps me sleep without the horrible nightmares i get from the alcohol.
Thanks for reading. Hope you'd are all well.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What's the plan Miko?
Old 07-01-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Hello Mike... we are all here for your support. Sounds like you've realized that you need to make a change.. this is a great place to start.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey thanks for the support. This time im going to go to a a atleast once a week. I'm going to meditate and exercise. I done some sober time last year and went to a a at the beginning. So I will keep on going.
What do you's do maintain your sobriety?
Have a gd day.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

I'm just taking it one day at a time. I found out this weekend my friends were all talking about me when I wasn't out and said that "i'll never do it" and i'm usually one for a challenge. This makes me want to stay sober even more, if that makes sense. I've got 29 days today. I know I can do this.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Some need to maintain sobriety, some just don't drink anymore. It all depends on you and how you are, what suits your temperament and your self sense.

Here is a list of tools I have seen folks use. Frequent meetings, a close relationship with your sponsor, making a list of your moral failings, sharing them with another person, asking your God for forgiveness and the strength to stop drinking, making amends, living a moral life, meditation, exercise, visualization, therapy, making a big plan, anger management, helping others to remain sober, mindfulness. These all work for different people. Sorta like fishing lures - I have a box full, but I only need one. And I don't know which one will work until I try and keep trying until I succeed.

I think, MikeO, that we are all one drink away from madness. That is enough for me.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by miko67 View Post
This time im going to go to a a atleast once a week. I'm going to meditate and exercise. I done some sober time last year and went to a a at the beginning. So I will keep on going.
What do you's do maintain your sobriety?
Have a gd day.
I was told to go to as many meetings a week as days a week that I drank .....
I still attend 4-6 meetings a week and life is good.
Go to as many meetings as your sponsor says to go. Let him decide, don't you decide. Our decisions brought us right here to this thread......

What do I do to maintain sobriety?? ... same thing I did this morning, went to a meeting.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 07-01-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Some people can make it on one meeting a week. Not me. I need at least 4. Depending on my travel schedule I do more than that. Also while meetings are important, I never had any lasting sobriety until I worked the steps.