Notices

I am so confused and now wallowing

Old 06-30-2012, 06:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Aeo,
These feelings will pass and you will have others, it is still early days in sobriety and you have to allow time to heal. it really and truly gets easier with the cravings. As for the other stuff that has to be handled and better handled sober.

hang in there

love
CaiHong
Old 06-30-2012, 07:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

just think of all the bad times. I think you are just jeleous that others can have a drink and you don't/ Just accept it. It is okay, others have many things I do not have. That's why I stoped comparing myself to others. Also I only need to make me happy, sinc eI ahve to live for and foremost with me. Feelings come and go, but if you drink nothing will ever change
Old 06-30-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 60 days sober!

My suggestion is to make some changes. Find some things to do in your life that make you happy, other than drinking with your neighbors. Do something together with your husband that you will both enjoy. My husband and I have spent last summer exploring the city we live in (just moved here a few years ago) and seeing things we hadn't seen yet. Take a course, join a sports team, volunteer - shift your perspective and hopefully things will look brighter for you.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I really don't know what it was like at 60 days to wonder what to do... I was at a meeting.

I believe you are "standing at the turning point" as described in AA's "How It Works".
What did we do ?? "We asked his protection and care with complete abandon".

You are into yourself and that's a bad place for an alcoholic to be. You know what to do, if you aren't sure just call your sponsor and she'll "remind you".

All the best.

Bob R
Old 06-30-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

My husband came home at 2:30am. Drunk. There is obviously more to this than just wanting to have a drink. The more I have thought about it...I somehow feel like I am "less-than" bc I can't drink. How stupid. I am petite and I have have never felt "less-than" that I can't reach a top shelf. It makes no sense.

My husband and I did have a conversation the other night that altered my thinking somewhat and made me feel less-than. Maybe I need to confront him about it. I have also had friends who say they are supportive of my sobriety and then invite me over for drinks.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters View Post
I really don't know what it was like at 60 days to wonder what to do... I was at a meeting.

I believe you are "standing at the turning point" as described in AA's "How It Works".
What did we do ?? "We asked his protection and care with complete abandon".

You are into yourself and that's a bad place for an alcoholic to be. You know what to do, if you aren't sure just call your sponsor and she'll "remind you".

All the best.

Bob R
You are totally right. I am WAY into myself right now.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aeo1313 View Post
I recently started seeing a therapist because of my depression. I have suffered from depression and been treated for it off and on since my teen years. I also talked about how I have been taking vicodin a few times a week and about my weekend drunk binges. I have always been a binge drinker, and drink maybe 1 or 2 times a week. I tend to blackout and often make an ass of myself. I told my husband last night that my therapist thinks I have a problem and need to stop drinking. He said that was crazy. Hubby said you just can't handle your liquor. I said that is the same thing! He said I just need to drink slower, etc. I told him that if I could I would have been doing that alll along! I am pissed at my husband, confused by my therapist, and feel stuck in the middle. I don't know what to do. I do know that for days after a binge I feel guilty, depressed, horrible, etc. I am feeling very alone, and the one person who I thought I could talk to says I am fine and doesn't want to listen.
You wrote this 6 months ago...seems as though a lot of progress ha been made since your first post! You have 60 days sober...that is soooooo awesome!!!

I understand how you feel. It's hard to think about how other people can drink & I can't/Shouldn't. I know that there is no such thing as an occasional drink for me which is why in the last few years the longest sobriety i've had is 45 days.

I hope you get your 60 day chip today! That is an inspiration to someone like me who can't seem to line up more than 2 days at a time lately.

I'm glad you're here, I hope you stick around
Old 06-30-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Aeo, I'm only on day 27. I'm so close to day 30 I can taste it, and yet this last week I've been barely hanging on at times. I can't help feeling that I'm going to slip sooner or later. Part of me wants to get it over with. If it's inevitable, why fight it?
I've not decided to give in and go back to drinking. Honestly, I haven't. I don't want to go through those first few days again. And things are getting better. Honestly I want to stay sober. More than anything in the world. And I'm grateful for being sober. It means a lot to me. It means waking up in the morning with no worries about what I said or did the day before.

But I've been thinking about ways to get round the bit of me that won't let me give in. And that's not good, is it? Do I think I can stay in control? Well, I'd find that out wouldn't I?

Aeo, you've done well to get to day 60. That's great, and it's inspiring, because it makes me want to keep going. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. You're honest, you do express how you feel and what you're thinking.
It's important to remember how bad things are when you drink, and yet we forget that time and time again. Stay strong. You're better than to just throw it all away. You deserve to be sober. :ghug3