Notices

Having trouble with my clinic

Old 06-29-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having trouble with my clinic

Hello, I'm new to this site and not very computer savvy, so please bear with me. I've been in Methadone treatment at my Oklahoma clinic for over 4 years now. I was grandfathered in from Texas and able until recently to go in only once a month. I've never had a dirty urine and abided to the letter to all clinics rules and regulations. Last month I was called in and told that I was immediately being phased down-no warning-because of a federal law, (found out later it's not a federal law), that says I have to have a full time job, be a full time student or be on disability in order to come twice a month, (I had lost my month in one moment). I now have to come three times a week and I live in Arkansas 86 miles away one way! I am ill but can't afford doctors to get disability and my husband supports us barely with his income. There is a clinic closer to me, but not only is it much more expensive, but has had so many complaints it's about to be either shut down or taken over by the government. I feel punished and completely stressed! I'm trying to get my GED and even tried to get GED classes approved, but to no avail. They say it has to be college. I'm trying to get a job, but haven't worked for 11 years. Needless to say, my phone hasn't been ringing though I'm more than willing to work. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 06-29-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi teece - welcome
I'm afraid all that is out of my personal experience.

Maybe someone here may be able to offer some positive support and suggestions - failing that I hope you can get a job soon

You should also check out our methadone forum:
Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 06-29-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I want to welcome you, too, but I have no personal experience.

I hope you continue with your education and job-hunting.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can give you advice for your GED. I had to get a GED and only finished 9th grade. If you can't get into the classes try buying a book for the GED. Try to just go take the test, even if you fail you'll have a better understanding what is on the test. This is what I did and wound up passing. Shocked me. I am now a college grad. Try going to a Jr college and talking to some of the counselors there.