Notices

Day 20

Old 06-29-2012, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 20

Morning all! Day 20 and feeling great!

I've really been craving chocolate lately and I am not a sweet eater, never have been. Don't know what is up with that. I went to the grocery store this morning and it took every bit of strength I could muster up not to buy some chocolate doughnuts, so I opted for peaches and grapes to satisfy the craving for something sweet. Hope it works.

Hope every has a great day sober!!

Old 06-29-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DAB

Congratulations on 20 days! There is a lot of sugar in alcohol so your body is craving that missing sugar. I quit drinking the day after Halloween, and man did I hit my daughters candy hard that first week of sobriety.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 21 here, and I hear you. I pay attention to what I eat, closely, and yesterday only ice cream and chocolate would do.

And you know what? Great. The mere fact that I worried about eating ice cream and chocolate while continuing to drink myself to death tells me just how sick I really was. There was a time I'd do shots of vodka (hey, no carbs!) before I'd eat candy. So, so ridiculous. We're talking about my very life here, and I was more concerned with the far reaches of vanity, not gaining 5 pounds (maybe) above my ideal weight.

And I'm 37! No excuse.

Anyway, here's to eating well when we can, eating poorly when we can't, and never drinking, no matter what.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 20 days Rexypoo and 21 days riggedgame.

Might be an idea to haul around a pocket full of candies of one kind or another to help with the sugar cravings. DAB was right, in that there's a lot of sugar in alcohol. Sugar is an addiction too, so needs to be dealt with.

For the first few months I found a sugarless, but sweet candy and carried a pocketful with me everywhere.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 20

I think at the beginning there's nothing wrong with indulging in sweet things if you feel as though you really need it. Eventually those cravings will even out. That's what I found, anyway.