Notices

Fear of reaching out

Old 06-29-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Innerchild View Post
I shared my feelings at a meeting today and because I shared another young member raised her hand and thanked me bc she was feeling the exact same way. This woman in the meeting told me bc I shared I helped someone out. Many people men and women came up to me after this meeting and it felt good that I was not alone. The key word I keep hearing is fear and I have to ask God to remove my fear. I just called someone in my network bc I was feeling isolated and sad. I must do what I am told bc its the only way I can stay sober I am powerless over doing it on my own.
this is awesome to hear!! well, read. keep goin back!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Innerchild View Post
I shared my feelings at a meeting today and because I shared another young member raised her hand and thanked me bc she was feeling the exact same way. This woman in the meeting told me bc I shared I helped someone out. Many people men and women came up to me after this meeting and it felt good that I was not alone. The key word I keep hearing is fear and I have to ask God to remove my fear. I just called someone in my network bc I was feeling isolated and sad. I must do what I am told bc its the only way I can stay sober I am powerless over doing it on my own.
A problem shared is a problem halved; and the result has helped someone else. Powerful stuff.

Great job, IC.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Glad you are reaching out online. You express yourself very well in writing. I also tend to isolate. Don't want to burden others with my feelings. Little by little I am sharing my feelings... and when I do I feel better. It is easier for me to say to myself "you are having a pity party" when I express my feelings out loud. Keep writing... maybe that will help you with your voice in the rooms. Wishing you the very best. (sorry to hear you felt shut down by that sponsor... hope you get over it soon)