Notices

A humbled return.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You say that you feel like you can tackle anything if you give up the booze, and I promise that you CAN. Giving up alcohol gave me a new, wonderful life. It really does change everything. I wish you all the best in your journey.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Zee

Hi JimJim
Through drinking, I fell very ill.
I was in hospital for 1 month with a feeding tube.
This january I was trundling around on a mobility scooter because I was too frail to walk a few steps. My hair was thinning, I was stick thin, my eyes were sunken into my head. I can remember thinking, Christ, what have I done to myself? I hope nobody I know sees me like this! I am sad! I never thought for a minute how quickly my body would turn against me.

Through NOT drinking. I am getting better.
I have gained lots of weight. I have a car. I have money in the bank (not alot, but enough) My hair has grown thick and I have had it highlighted. I have a bit of a tan. I can do things again that most people take for granted... like move my arms and legs!

All the emotional problems go out the window when it becomes physical. I have 2 pictures of myself. One was taken last october, one was taken last week. It could be 2 different people! Im not saying the anxiety isn't there, and the urge to drink isn't, because it is... but all I need to do is look at these pictures to kick me off my pity pot and tell me that I have nearly drunk myself to death.

I'm 10 months sober... all I'm saying is... alot can change pretty quickly if you have the will to make things change.

Alot of people don't agree with 'tough love' They believe in angels and fluffy stuff!... I wish someone gave me some 'tough love' instead of pussyfooting around me.

You have enough marbles to start looking around for help. There is a website called Turn2us - to access benefits and grants this will give you an assessment for benefits and grants. You are a UK citizen and you have an address (your fathers) I don't believe you are off the benefits chart. If not, call citizens advice bureaux. I'm sure you won't be the first person in this situation they have talked to.

Having to think about the future is a good way of not dwelling on the past and the 'what could have beens'

Good luck my friend