Notices

tomorrows a new day

Old 06-28-2012, 01:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tomorrows a new day

i used today but plan on starting my sobriety tomorrow. Please wish me luck knnow its gonna be rough but i need to do it before my life gets any worse
Old 06-28-2012, 01:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds like a good decision Tom
Stay close to SR and whatever other support you have - you can do this

D
Old 06-28-2012, 01:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Tom...Just do everything you can do to not pick up today Tom. Don't worry about tomorrow...Or next week...Or next year. Just don't pick up a drink today. It's not the 10th one that get's you drunk...It's the first one. If you don't have that one...You won't get into trouble. Are you considering any kind of recovery plan to help you along with this...There are different ways that people have stopped drinking...I think it would be wise to use one that's been proven.....AA...AVRT....SMART.....Have you looked into any of those? This site is great for online support...I recommend checking in here daily...This takes some effort...But you can do it. Glad you're here Tom.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

By the way...That part about your life getting any worse?....One thing I learned about alcohol....It can always make it worse.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Tom, nice to meet you hun

It's always tough at first, always. But once you start to get some days under your belt it gets easier and easier, I promise. A lot of it is practice - you learn how to say no, you know? At first you have to say it all day and it's hard. It feels like it fills your world. But as you get better at it, you realise you're just having to say it a few times a day, and you have room in your head for other things.

I'm three and a half months sober and I already go a few days at a time without wanting to use. I think about booze and coke, but everything that's replaced them is so good that it's easy most days to decide not to pick up. When I really want it, it actually makes me angry rather than itchy.

So good luck tomorrow (or today if you've just got up...) - stick it out, spend as much time here as you can, and let us know how it goes.

Rooting for you dude

Still
xx
Old 06-28-2012, 04:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tom, are you going to NA or AA meetings?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 06-28-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I havent gon to any yet. I've been hooked on pills the last 3 years and recently switched to heroin. I don't shoot it only snort but it's affected my life horribly. I just woke up and all the support im getting from people has already made me feel better
Old 06-28-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey, that's why we're all here dude

xxx
Old 06-28-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just remember...YOU are stronger than IT.... you CAN do this..but you have to WANT to do this.. addictions lie to you...they crawl inside your being and convince you that you need them to survive and feel normal..stable...etc... if you can get past a few days your on your way to a better you! If you find yourself struggling that badly...this is a great place to come for guidance and support.. you may also want to talk to your doctor as detoxing can be harmful...they may have something to help ease your transition. Im 10 days sober off of alcohol and i feel fantastic... too me 10 days to write a "break up letter" to my addiction...once i did...i cant even tell you the happiness inside of me...im PROUD of myself today for the first time in 6 years... each day will get better and better for you...just never give up the fight!!!!!

stay strong, stay sober, keep the faith!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Tom,

Welcome to SR! This forum has been instrumental in keeping me sober for 10.5 months. The support has been invaluable. Best wishes.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey Tom. I used last night. Bad. Drink and coke. I felt like hell.

I am sure of this.... The fact you posted takes a lot of courage. I posted today about mine. It was not easy. But we... Me... Are here to support you.

Last night for me makes me want being sober more.

Best to you!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks, weasel im sorry to hear that but the only thing you can when u get knocked off the horse is get back on it. i no that feeling I have anxiety every day i use but today has actually even been relaxing. a dealer even texted me and i told him i was good
Old 06-28-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Glad to hear that Tom.

I will get back on that horse for sure.

I am still having panic attacks today because of using. I know they pass.

My dealer used to deliver to my house. Way to easy sometimes. But not any more.

Best to ya